Welding jobs in New York, USA. – Apply for Lead Welder Jobs at iHire – Brooklyn, NY. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Bednark Studio is a premier design and fabrication studio powered by creativity, technology, and big ideas. Our industry-leading production capabilities deliver custom-fabricated architectural millwork, retail environments, and large-format experiential events to architects, creative agencies, and consumer brands in every major global market. Bednark always pushes the limits of what is possible.
The company is headquartered in Brooklyn, New York in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
The Lead Welder Is Responsible For Three Key Areas
- Team Management
- Systems and Safety
The Lead Welder is an expert builder and a team leader responsible for keeping their assigned project on pace.
The Lead Welder receives technical drawings and establishes task priorities according to the production schedule and team members. They oversee a small team of Welders and apprentices, and the shop spaces they work in to safely and efficiently complete the scope of work assigned to them. The Lead Welder is responsible for troubleshooting any unforeseen situations in the process.
Below Is a More Detailed Description Of This Work
- Interprets technical drawings & reports back to the Department Manager with questions, comments, concerns
- Maintains, tracks and plans tasks according to the production schedule
- Oversees daily operations of their team’s assigned tasks and space
- Gathers and tracks all required tools, equipment, and hardware for the appointed projects
- Proficient in MIG welding, TIG welding, and brazing Steel, Aluminum, Brass and Stainless steel
- Exhibits strong material knowledge in Metal tubing, pipes, rods and sheet goods
- Proficient in bending, rolling, milling, and cutting all metals
- Masters all Metal shop machines, equipment and tools
- Exhibits strong knowledge of hardware and architectural and structural building methods
- Performs at a high level of craftsmanship, strong work ethic, and resourcefulness
- Demonstrates keen attention to detail and thoroughness
- Attends engineering and project meetings as needed
- Consults with Dir. of Fabrication, Metal Department Manager, and/or draftsperson on engineering and best build practices
- Oversees and enforces a clean and orderly fabrication workspace
- Observes and demonstrates safe and efficient build practices and tool use.
- Forecasts and communicates completion timelines of build elements for a given project(s).
- Team Management
- Responsible for keeping their team focused, and on task at all times
- Responsible for tracking and staying within budgeted labor hours for each project
- Manages the team’s daily tasks based on skillset, performance, and scheduling
- Checks-in regularly with his/her team for productivity, quality, and efficiency standards
- Maintains knowledge of the assigned projects’ deliverables, including appropriate onsite assembly/install methods.
- Leads by example in fostering a positive, solution-oriented teamwork environment
- Regularly reviews hits/misses of projects with fabricators and provides constructive feedback and direction regarding their assigned tasks
- Systems and Safety
- Responsible for ordering any project-specific material or hardware through the Department Manager
- Responsible for maintaining clear and efficient communication channels through Asana in the absence of the Department Manager
- Ensures the product is up to Bednark standards before passing off to next step in production
- Operates at a high level of professionalism, reliability, punctuality, and awareness
- Follows the project through completion on site if requested
- Maintains strong knowledge of in-line assembly processes, systems, and tools.
- Collaborates in the upkeep of all department-specific tools, machines and consumables
- Assists in introducing all new hires to Metal Department’s safety standards, systems, and protocols
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and safe work environment in all machining, assembly and tech-up spaces
- Regularly inspects all tools, tool paths, assembly areas, tech-up spaces, access paths, and egress routes for clear and safe use
- Regularly reviews inventory and department set-up to consolidate and improve the layout of assembly and tech-up spaces, as well as storage of tools, hardware, consumables and materials to maximize productivity and safety
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 – 10 years
Salary: $30 – $40 Annual
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Welder Job at Metallurgical Processing LLC – Warren, MI
- Welder – 1st Shift Job at Wagman – York, PA
- Welder Job at AMETEK – Irvine, CA
- TIG Welder – 2nd shift Job at Chart Industries, Inc. – Ball Ground, GA
- Regional Code Welder Job at Covanta – Bainbridge, PA
- Technical writer Job at Randstad USA – Los Angeles County, CA
- Science Writer Job at Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard – Cambridge, MA
- Sr. Technical Writer Job at Zones, LLC – Auburn, WA
- Senior Writer Job at DISYS – Owings Mills, MD
- Reports Writer Job at SAIC – Bethesda, MD
See More: 1,000+ Welding Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.