Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Legal Assistant jobs in Pennsylvania, USA – Apply for Legal Assistant 1 – Central Region Jobs at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania – Dauphin County, PA (Hybrid). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Are you looking to test and grow your skills while having fun in a high paced environment? Are you passionate about protecting an individual’s constitutional right to due process? Come join our team at the Bureau of Hearings and Appeals’ (BHA) Central Region located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The BHA is the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Department of Human Services entity charged with conducting administrative hearings in a fair, unbiased, and timely manner. We do so in accordance with State and Federal regulations. The BHA empowers its employees to reach their fullest potential by promoting professional development for those who are willing to learn. The BHA is a workplace where you will feel a sense of camaraderie. If this sounds intriguing to you, you should give BHA a try. Apply!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
As a Legal Assistant 1, you will provide legal clerical work in the review, scheduling packet preparation, and processing of appeals from the Department of Human Services and the PA Department of Aging actions, related legal documents and correspondence.
You will also provide legal clerical support for Administrative Law Judges (ALJs) and LA-2’s in the Department of Human Services (Department) Bureau of Hearings and Appeals (BHA), and ensure appeals are processed timely and in compliance with regulations.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 60-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time. Upon successful completion of your probationary period and/or training period, part-time telework may be considered. Your work assignments will primarily take place in the office. However, telework may be available based upon individual eligibility and the operational needs of the Bureau. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: Starting salary is non-negotiable.
- The Department of Human Services provides excellent benefits, pay increases, paid leave, and holidays, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Three years of responsible clerical, enforcement or investigative work; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements will eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S.
- 7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Legal Assistant – Chief Quality Office Jobs at MD Anderson Cancer Center – Houston, TX (On-site )
- Legal Assistant Jobs at Robert Half – Denver, CO (On-site)
- Legal Assistant Jobs at Thomas J. Henry Law – San Antonio, TX (On-site)
- Legal Assistant, Insurance Defense Jobs at Robert Half – Minnetonka, MN (On-site)
- GRADUATE LEGAL ASSISTANT Jobs at Caltrans – Sacramento, CA (On-site)
- Legal Assistant Jobs at Robert Half – Troy, MI (On-site)
- Litigation Legal Assistant Jobs at Rhoades McKee PC – Grand Rapids, MI (On-site)
- Legal Assistant Jobs at Oath Law – Fort Myers, FL (On-site)
- Legal Assistant Jobs at Robert Half – Los Angeles, CA (On-site)
- Legal Assistant Jobs at Robert Half – Knoxville, TN (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Legal Assistant Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.