Lineman jobs in New Jersey, USA – Apply for Lineman I Jobs at QualTek – Swedesboro, NJ (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job Summary: This position assists with the construction and maintenance of aerial, fiber, and coaxial line projects.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Install, maintain, repair, and upgrade aerial and underground telecommunications cable per the applicable specifications and quality and safety standards
- Lash coax and fiber with proper handling techniques
- Set poles and anchors
- Perform coax and fiber splicing including basic activation, rough balance, and EOL readings
- Drive and operate line vehicles and station them properly for the work to be done
- Organize materials and basic hand tools necessary to complete project requirements
- Complete all required Company documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education: High school diploma, general education degree (G.E.D.), or related trade school education
- Three or more years wireline telecommunications industry experience
- Three or more years coax, aerial, and fiber construction experience
- Three or more years pole climbing experience
- Ability to operate a bucket truck
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) preferred
- Knowledge of highway traffic control standards
- Ability to use hand tools
- Expert ability to pole frame and place strands
- Expert knowledge of G.O. 95 and similar state aerial guidelines
- Expert understanding of coax fiber design prints
- Ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate, lead, teach, and train on proper work and safety procedures
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 75 lbs.; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes
- Ability to work in various settings with moderate to loud noise levels
- Ability to climb and work at heights
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces
- May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
Disclaimer : All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
This is an excellent opportunity to start your career with one of the fastest growing telecommunications companies in the country. Our people are our greatest asset.
QualTek creates and maintains the infrastructure to support the future of communications. From Wireless and Wireline to Renewables and Recovery Logistics services, QualTek provides the resources needed to expand next-generation carrier services across the US and Canada. We’re always looking for top talent to join our growing team and help us build the essential communication systems we all rely on.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Troubleman Lineman for Distribution – Multiple Georgia locations Jobs at Southern Company – Atlanta, GA
- Lineman Helper – Fiber Optic Jobs at Gaylor Electric, Inc. – Noblesville, IN (On-site)
- Lineman Jobs at Southwire Company – Arlington, TX (On-site)
- Aerial Lineman Jobs at MasTec Network Solutions – Aurora, CO (On-site)
- ASR Lineman Jobs at Commercial Metals Company – Tulsa, OK (On-site)
- Lineman B Jobs at QualTek – Miami, FL (On-site)
- Lineman 2 – Travel Jobs at M.C. Dean, Inc. – Dallas, TX (On-site)
- Apprentice 1st Year – Journeyman Lineman Jobs at Entergy – Orange, TX (On-site)
- MNS_Aerial Lineman Jobs at MasTec Network Solutions – Roanoke, VA (On-site)
- A-Lineman Journeyman Jobs at Greenstone Electrical Services – San Antonio, TX (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Lineman Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.