Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Texas, United States. – Apply for Load Planner, Amazon Air Amazon Jobs – Dallas/Fort Worth Area, TX. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1725233
Job Title: Load Planner, Amazon Air.
Amazon’s aviation transportation network is looking for motivated, customer-focused individuals who want to be a part of making history on the Amazon Air team as we continue delivering smiles to Amazon customers every day! As a Load Planner, you will be directly responsible for the accuracy of the information provided to Amazon’s air carriers relating to aircraft loading. This includes aircraft weight and balance calculations, container weights, and fuel load. The Load Planner will assign positions for all containerized, palletized, and loose outbound cargo and communicate any concerns to sort and ramp management if adjustments are required. The Load Planner will understand weight and balance theory and adhere to the aircraft operator and manufacturer requirements. Applicants are required to successfully pass company Initial and annual recurrent training in areas of Load Planning, Weight & Balance, and Security.
· Provides information to management for pre-sort and during sort production meetings. This will include information such as the status of container inventory, planned containers by flight, status of damaged containers or nets, and other special sort-specific load instructions.
· Ensures Unit Load Devices (ULDs) are in airworthy condition and load plan reflects the current container inventory status.
· Verify the required number and sequence for loading and departing ULDs.
· Communicates with Sort Management and PAs during the sort to ensure accuracy of container load quality and accuracy.
· Audits the ULD weights on closed containers and communicates discrepancies to sort PAs.
· Monitors real-time actual ULD closed container counts to ensure not to exceed the load plan. Communicates concerns to sort and ramp management if adjustments are required.
· Calculate aircraft weight and balance via approved software package, including entry of planned payload and aircraft type; this includes checks to ensure plans do not exceed compartment limits, lateral imbalance and maximum payload.
· Plans all cargo loading sequences and creates all cargo load sheets.
· Ensure accurate and timely load planning, paperwork to include all required weights, limits, and fuel calculations
· Verify all containers and container weights are accurately input into the weight & balance system.
· Provides weight and balance and aircraft loading information to air carrier personnel responsible for releasing flight.
· A High School diploma or equivalent diploma
· 2+ years of work experience or a current blue badge Amazon employee
· 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Must fulfill FAA and DHS criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
· Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
· This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Federal law requires Amazon to determine an applicant’s history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position, if applicable.
Temperature in the Air Gateway may vary between depending on outside weather conditions and will fluctuate depending on the season and daily weather conditions. You may be working outdoors your entire shift. The ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions is a must.
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university
· Air Ramp Experience
· 1+ year of leadership experience directly managing others
· 1+ year working in a like environment (manufacturing/distribution/warehousing/retail)
· Currently or previously held a Data Analyst, Shift Lead, Trainer or Process Assistant role.
· Previous experience in a seasonal Process Assistant role
· Ability to work a rotating, flexible work schedule, including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays. Able to work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
· Able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation
· Valid driver’s license
· Worked in an AMXL, Air, NACF, Sort Center or Delivery Station previously.
· Previous or current experience working in an ambassador role.
· Experience with performance metrics and lean process improvement
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to coach, train and assist team members
Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day 1 as well as 401(k) with company match, holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Sourcing Recruiter Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- UX Designer, Alexa Auto Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
- Sr. Software Development Engineer – AWS Database Services, Amazon Redshift Amazon Jobs – East Palo Alto, CA
- Sr Technical Program Manager, A-to-z Guarantee Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Senior Applied Scientist – Amazon Air Science and Technology Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Programmer Analyst Amazon Jobs – Hawthorne, CA
- Area Maintenance Mgr Amazon Jobs – Wilmer, TX
- CMMS Amazon Jobs – Wilmer, TX
- Clinical Customer Care Associate Amazon Jobs – Meridian, ID
- Global Alliance Mgr-Analytics Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, California
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.