Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Loads and Dynamics Engineer Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1710414
Job Title: Loads and Dynamics Engineer.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
To deliver on that mission, Amazon is looking for talented candidates who combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems and building hardware. You will work hard, have fun, and make history!
A day in the life
Loads and Dynamics engineers are responsible for spacecraft level loads analyses across the entire spacecraft life cycle (concept and configuration development, design, test, validation, qualification, and in-service operations). Our engineers work closely with many other technical disciplines and organizations to integrate solutions to complex engineering problems and have both large impact and high visibility.
About the hiring group
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will provide technical expertise and analytical solutions to support the development and qualification of for various spaceflight systems.
· Perform structural/dynamic loads analyses, and multi-body dynamic simulations for subsystem and vehicle level trades.
· Contribute to spacecraft structural/dynamics test planning, equipment and instrumentation selection, and data acquisition.
· Create & maintain FEA models for all vehicle states: GSE/transport, launch vehicle (stowed), on-orbit states (dispensing, deployments).
· Pretest simulations, response limiting/notching definition, and post-test data analysis and correlation/validation of analytical model.
· Work with GNC team to deliver linear modal models of principal structural disturbance responses to the integrated flight simulation & similar analysis tools.
· Pointing accuracy trades; build dynamic disturbance models from spacecraft MMAs, and incorporating predictions of thermal profile transients, to identify and mitigate jitter effects on pointing precision.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
· Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience;
· 5+ years of experience in dynamic analysis and testing (including modal, random vibration, shock, and acoustics) ;
· 3+ years of experience with model preparation delivery and interpretation of results for coupled load analysis, including experience with component modal synthesis reduction techniques, such as Craig-Bampton;
· 3+ years of experience in on orbit disturbance modeling and multi-body dynamics;
· 3+ years of experience with modal testing and correlation of hardware
· Masters in mechanical engineering, materials science, or aerospace engineering, or related field;
· Previous technical leadership in complex structures from initial concept trades to build, test and qualification, and successful production deployment at volume;
· Experienced with volume manufacture of metallic and/or composite structural components;
· Demonstrated experience in several of the following areas:
· Experience with full vehicle qualification for flight;
· Manufacturing methods, material selection, testing, characterization & allowable development.
· Experience testing materials, joints, components and vehicles.
· FEA capability – NASTRAN (or equivalent), FEMAP, IMAT and Matlab;
· Dynamics analysis with MSC ADAMS, LS-Dyna, or Wave6;
· Programming skills in Matlab/Python/VBA
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Solutions Architect II – AMZ5550 Amazon Jobs – San Diego, CA
- Senior Product Manager, Physical Stores Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- SoCal – Operations Manager Amazon Jobs – Southern California Region, California
- Sr. UX Research Manager Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Software Development Engineer – Full Stack Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, California
- Data Scientist II – AMZ5425 Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
- Software Development Engineer II-TEST – AMZ5426 Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Principal Software Development Engineer – AMZ5356 Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Research Scientist II – AMZ5364 Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, California
- Project Engineer Amazon Jobs – Herndon Area, VA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.