Fedex jobs in Texas, USA – Apply for Manager – FMM Facility 2 Jobs at FedEx Ground – Irving, Texas. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link.
Oversees the complete maintenance and repair of all material handling equipment, buildings and grounds for assigned facilities through a staff of up to thirty employees, including maintenance technicians, maintenance support representatives and maintenance service managers. Ensures safety above all in maintenance related functions.
• Manages the maintenance staff, including, but not limited to, all hiring, terminations, coaching, training, skills development, reward and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. • Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements procedures and programs as necessary, in accordance with the goals of the overall maintenance organization. • Plans and manages spending against various expense budgets, including, but not limited to, material handling maintenance and repair, facility maintenance and repair and janitorial. • Manages, oversees and ensures timely, accurate completion of the required preventative, predictive, corrective and emergency maintenance program through the use of the prescribed Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software • Ensure that all FedEx Ground policies and procedures are followed related to the performance of the maintenance function. • Establishes and communicates the level of safety and quality expectations in the performance of all maintenance related tasks.. • Establishes short and long term strategic goals for the overall maintenance department. • Works with all stakeholders to identify, evaluate and implement improvements to the material handling system to improve operations productivity, quality or service, or to improve overall system reliability and performance. • Provides guidance and expertise to all areas of the operation in regards to the successful maintenance and operation of the material handling equipment. • Maintains a complete filing system of all required documentation, manuals, parameters and software necessary for the quality performance of the maintenance department to ensure business continuity. • Interacts and liaises with corporate engineers, project managers, etc., and with facility and material handling vendors assigned to projects and expansions for the assigned facility. • Establishes and maintains a reliable network of facility and material handling vendors and suppliers to ensure cost-effective and timely support of all necessary functions and administers the process of identifying and on-boarding these vendors through the application of appropriate policies and procedures • Ensures that all regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures are practiced and enforced
• High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Business Management or related field preferred.
10 years [or 8 years with preferred degree], of progressive light industrial maintenance experience with one (2) years maintenance supervisory/management experience, including leading maintenance-related project teams, including lower level maintenance technicians. Experience Equivalencies: • Five (5) years demonstrated experience leading maintenance-related project teams, including lower level maintenance technicians will be considered equivalent to one (1) year Maintenance supervisory/management experience. • 10 years’ progressive operations management experience will be considered in lieu of light industrial and supervisory/management experience. Preferred experience to include: a) In-depth understanding of mechanical power transmission and/or electrical power or machines controls b) Demonstrated ability to develop and implement Quality (QDM) – driven equipment and/or process improvements c) Three (3) years demonstrated experience leading maintenance-related project teams, including lower level maintenance technicians
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications • Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to concisely communicate with all levels of management • Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals • Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions • Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team • Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups • Understanding of mechanical and electrical design, layout fabrication and repair practices as they apply to power transmission and conveyor belt applications preferred • Knowledge of motors and motor control methods preferred • Thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting techniques preferred • Knowledge of PLC and computer controls systems preferred • Experience troubleshooting and repairing the label scanners preferred • Knowledge of applicable safety codes preferred • Ability to interpret electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams preferred • Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
Address: 3215 Spur 482
Zip Code: 75062
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P752/Irving Colocation
Auto req ID: 374849BR
Position Type: Full time
Employee Type: Exempt
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
- Warehouse Material Handler Jobs at FedEx Express – Cleveland, Ohio
- Ops Manager – Station Jobs at FedEx Ground – Palmetto, Florida
- Ops Manager – Station Jobs at FedEx Ground – Kennesaw, Georgia
- Ops Manager – Station Jobs at FedEx Ground – Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Ops Coordinator Jobs at FedEx Ground – Aurora, Colorado
- Store Lead Consultant Jobs at FedEx Office – Cincinnati, Ohio
- PM Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Logistics – Hollywood, Florida
- Customs Trade Agent/College Connections – S2-12 Jobs at FedEx Logistics – Itta Bena, Mississippi
- Swing Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Harahan, Louisiana
- Lead Retail Customer Service Associate Jobs at FedEx Office – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
See More: 1,000+ FedEx jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.fedex.com.