Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in United States – Apply for Manager III – Capacity Planning, Global Planning and Site Strategy Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2285378
Job Title: Manager III – Capacity Planning.
Payment Risk Operations drives stopping the bad actors from using our systems to hurt our customers. Our job is to safeguard our customers and deter the ill-intentioned. We do this by ensuring that we have the right staffing for a 24-by-7-by-365 operation worldwide that support our existing countries, new countries, and all of the many new product offerings that Amazon is launching.
To deliver on this our Buyer Operations team is looking for a talented Senior Program Manager who will be able to front end long term headcount and capacity planning. This leader will take ownership of our planning for global staffing covering Amazon largest workforce mitigating for Risk. The incumbent you will help define the team vision, develop the tools strategy, build and deliver our roadmap for process and planning improvements, and deliver our planning output for HC staffing. To do this we are looking for a leader who is blend of process, analytical, and communication skills. This position requires a solution-oriented candidate with a combination of deep business acumen, capacity planning, statistical best practices, and an analytical mindset to enable tactical workflow planning and proactive responses to service level challenges. The candidate must have the ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups to solve business problems and provide data solutions that are organized and simple to understand.
Some of the challenges this person will get to solve with their team and the responsibilities that she/they/he will own:
1. What is the long term investigations strategy for Buyer Operations?
2. How do we mature our tools and process to support our forecasting and planning from a yearly and monthly view to a weekly, daily, and sub-day view in support of ever faster shipping speeds at Amazon?
3. Creating and iterating metrics in Operational delivery such as planned resolves (funded capacity) and drive those metrics with our Machine Learning and workforce management partners.
4. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track expectations via flash reports and documentation
5. Perform analyes that allows us to quickly ask big questions and take the answers as inputs to our planning and execution.
6. Devise long-term plans of a clear Return on Investment models for HC planning and execution
7. Build-Operate-Transfer modeling of capacity between forecasts, planning and operational execution via WFM and Operations.
What you can expect in the role?
a. Ambiguity: High degree of uncertainty in both problem definition and solution approach. Delivers with complete independence.
b. Execution: Initiates the design, development, and implementation of analysis projects that optimize staffing, scheduling, shifts. Applies analytical principles/concepts to problems. Makes informed trade-offs to deliver results.
c. Knowledge: Knowledge of contact/call center domains. Skillset to apply analytical principles, tools, and techniques.
d. Results & Accountability: Ensures that effective controls are developed and maintained across the organization.
e. Quant: The role will deal with numbers, understanding analyses from business partners and working through different complex reports.
Key job responsibilities
1. Work with Finance partners to understand drivers of key cost and efficiency metrics that drive Payment Risk OPEX. Analyse numbers, provide clarity to stakeholders and Ops Director on a monthly basis
2. Determine drivers for variable headcount being over or under plan each month. Understand root cause and correction steps.
3. Leverage the existing cap planning process as a whole and identify areas of efficiency – develop metrics that provide visibility into the planning process and reduce waste in the system
4. Develop a return on investment based model of headcount that can trade off the value of an operational task done by humans versus impact of incremental automation.
5. Lead the OP1 and OP2 planning process for variable HC and OPEX
6. Drive delivery of capacity and HC planning roadmap through a year.
A day in the life
1. Connecting with stakeholders on their problem sets and identifying a way forward
2. Sync up with the capacity planning analytics team to verify the numbers in a report or plan and root cause of discrepancies
3. Develop a document for an MBR or QBR review
4. Develop a working model that shows the behaviour of a planning input on an output that is required to make adjustments to capacity, headcount, planning assumptions etc. in the short term and long term.
5. Meet with internal stakeholders to drive alignment on action items.
About the team
The team is accountable to provide high fidelity headcount plans that are executed downstream for execution and hiring. This includes clear detailing on the inputs to headcount planning and working with stakeholders such as machine learning, product owners, operations and program teams. The candidate needs to devise solutions that can bring in further efficiencies in planning and develop the long term roadmap for tools for planning and execution.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to drive projects efficiently in a cross-functional environment by establishing respect and confidence in the business and technical communities
- Analytical skills and the ability to use tools like Tableau, Python,
- Demonstrated operations research or capacity planning experience
- Should have an understanding on Workforce/Workflow management or Capacity planning or Analytics
- Proven analytical aptitude, including the ability to mine and analyze large, complex data sets
- Understanding of statistical analysis such as regression, time series forecasting basics, Linear Programming etc.
- MBA or Masters degree in related field
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Some programming experience is a plus to automate tools whenever appropriate, for example Python.
- Database Administration skills and ability work on Tableau and Excel.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon Infrastructure Services Amazon Jobs – Cupertino, CA
- Frontend Engineer, AWS DC SC.os Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Business Analyst, Grocery Partnerships – Catalog, Selection & Pricing Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Principal Technical Program Manager, Music Privacy & Compliance Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Technical Program Manager – Program Operations Amazon Jobs – Milpitas, CA
- Sr. Supply Chain Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Risk Manager, Financial Crimes Compliance Administration – Suspicious Activity Monitoring Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Principal, Content Acquisition, Record Label Licensing Amazon Jobs – Brooklyn, NY
- Professional Services Cloud Consultant Intern Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Senior Technical Program Manager, ProServe Security Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.