Dover Food Retail
Operations Manager jobs in Virginia, USA – Apply for Manager, Operations Jobs at Dover Food Retail – Chesterfield, VA (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Dover Food Retail (DFR) is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and Comprehensive Services; and leading our industry by Innovating What’s Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising technologies that keep food safe under brands such as HillPhoenix and Anthony.
DFR is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the Dover Corporation® (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
DFR is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of Dover Food Retail.
Job Title: Manager, Operations
Location: South Chesterfield, VA
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Manager, Operations who will be responsible for directing all aspects of operations through a team of salaried supervisors and hourly team leads. This position will develop and deliver strategies for continual improvement in the area of operational excellence that align with the business strategy for safety, quality, on-time delivery, cost, inventory control, and customer focused service.
The Manager, Operations will ensure increasing levels of customer (internal and external) and employee satisfaction, while improving the efficient use of the workforce, materials and equipment. This role will also ensure that the production departments in his/her span of control meets all quality control standards, implements cost controls and ensures that the production areas are meeting and/or exceeding their productivity targets and goals.
What you’ll be responsible for in this role:
- Maintain a clean environment that enhances plant safety. Conduct 6S audits. Ensure 6S audit actions are addressed in a timely manner and are effective, and improvements are sustained.
- Drive a safety conscious culture that ensures compliance with all required OSHA guidelines and other required standards of an efficient, safe place to work for employees.
- Responsible for and effectively manages overall departmental goals and objectives including:
- Cost and Productivity
- Resource allocation
- Staff development
- Develop a strong team focus on process management and continuous improvement.
- Drive positive associate relations and team culture.
- Responsible for all quality-related issues and directs investigation claims for proper identification of root cause, incorporation of corrective actions and follow-up verification.
- Forecast staffing, workload and performance results to meet business demands for workload and performance results for area of responsibility.
- Prepare, review, and/or analyze production reports, and use information to identify operational improvements.
- Ensure process controls are in place to accurately control WIP and proper inventory levels are established, maintained, and audited for compliance.
- Monitor raw materials supplies to ensure adequate inventory.
- Ensure that cross training and continuing education is maintained for key salary and hourly personnel.
- Foster professional growth and development of all personnel and promote group unity, efficiency effectiveness by providing technical training and support-assistance to problem-solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Formulate recommendations to improve production methods, equipment performance, and product quality, as well as for improvement of working conditions, the workforce, and overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure each process within the departments are identified and effectively controlled, to include root cause analysis, corrective/preventative actions, PPM, inventory control, and scrap reduction programs.
- Champion and coach continuous improvement, lean objectives, and process improvements and establish a culture that these elements are not programs, but a way of life.
- Develop KPIs to track improvements and monitor growth in each responsible area.
- Ensures process corrective actions are addressed in a timely manner and are effective, including conducting audits of effectiveness.
What are the basic qualifications?
- BS degree (or higher) in business, engineering, or other applicable discipline
- 7+ years or relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years in a leadership position within a manufacturing environment
To be a great fit for the role:
- Excellent interpersonal communications with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of supervisory and leadership techniques and principles.
- Strong demonstrated experience in Lean, Kaizen and or /Six Sigma is desired.
- Proven leader with experience managing within a large Manufacturing organization; able to motivate teams and drive accountability.
- Ability to define, prepare and analyze production reports.
- Organized and detail oriented, adaptable to change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills. Must be able to communicate with production employees, other OPS Managers, and upper management.
- Desire for future growth and responsibilities.
How We Define Our Values and Why You Should Join Our Team:
The backbone behind our collection of outstanding businesses is a team of dedicated employees who protect and enhance our valued reputation for quality and delivering what we promise. It’s our values that define Dover to all of our key audiences: our shareholders, customers, prospective employees and especially to ourselves.
These values must be expressed in our work and embody our actions, as they form the basis by which we do our jobs, make decisions and measure our performance. It’s our unwavering commitment to maintaining our values that defines who we are as a Company.
- Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Winning Through Customers
- Respects and Values People
- Expectations for Results
- High Ethical Standards, Openness, and Trust
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Holidays
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Dover Food Retail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Operations Manager (Environmental & Industrial Services) Jobs at US Ecology, Inc. – Buffalo, NY (On-site)
- Regional Operations Manager Jobs at VitaWerks – San Francisco, CA (On-site)
- Senior Operations Manager 2 – Cedar Rapids, Iowa Jobs at Nordstrom – Cedar Rapids, IA
- District Operations Manager Jobs at Qualus Power Services – Brooklyn Park, MN (On-site)
- Operations Manager – Onsite Health Clinics (East Coast) Jobs at Medcor – Health, AR
- Legal Operations Manager (based in Bangkok, relocation provided) Jobs at Agoda – Chicago, IL
- Operations Manager, Legal team (based in Bangkok, relocation provided) Jobs at Agoda – San Francisco, CA
- Operations Manager (Military Veterans Encouraged to Apply) Jobs at Amazon – Gouldsboro, PA
- Warehouse Operations Manager Jobs at NFI – McDonough, GA
- Operations Manager – Shoreline Branch Jobs at Allied Universal – Shoreline, WA
See More: 1,000+ Operations Manager Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.