Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. – Apply for Materials Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1618855
Job Title: Materials Program Manager
The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We’re looking for people who want to join an ambitious team that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: The Materials Program Manager (MPM) is responsible for the management and delivery of the program’s financial health (BOM+MVA, tooling and NRE) for groundbreaking devices. This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote operations, engineering and software teams driving development, implementation and management of the program budget and schedule. This person is the business voice responsible for capturing, documenting and communicating financial exposures and outlay as it relates to their product. They are involved throughout all stages of the product family’s lifecycle to ensure the business achieves all financial and schedule milestone targets through end-of-life. They will support weekly executive product line reviews outlining performance against budget, target and actual cost, and schedule.
In this role, you will:
· Work with engineering and the supply chain team to set program cost and schedule targets at a commodity level for your project.
· Ensure timely procurement and delivery of components to support NPI and production builds.
· Work with diverse Amazon groups to coordinate activities and mitigate issues a minimum amount of escalations to executives.
· Track the program actual costs and milestones versus target to identify program deltas and corrective actions to bring back on track.
· Attend and lead program new product introduction meetings to understand the cost implication of engineering and/or process changes as related to your product fully loaded cost targets.
· Work with 3rd Party suppliers to set your product purchase order cost for the upcoming period.
· Manage purchase price variance claims and schedule delays resulting from engineering changes, component obsolescence or forecast variance.
· Drive the supply chain and operations team to provide detailed cost reduction forecast that enable you to meet and exceed your program goals.
· Work with the Management team to ensure predictable, accurate forecasts for your products.
· Host monthly cost reviews that deep dive through every aspect of your product cost.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
· 7+ years experience in a procurement organization
· 7+ years experience in procurement practices working with engineering, operations and Tier 1 OEM partners.
· Master’s degree preferred or bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
· 10+ years of experience in procurement function and organization.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills.
· Agile experience preferred
· Ability to prioritize tasks and maximize internal resources.
- Applied Scientist, AWS Vertical Services Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Senior Product Manager Tech – Prime Video Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – East Palo Alto, CA
- Amazon 4-star Retail Associate – The Mall at Millenia Amazon Jobs – Orlando, FL
- Amazon 4-star Retail Associate Amazon Jobs – Skokie, IL
- Amazon 4-star Retail Associate – Somerset Collection Amazon Jobs – Troy, MI
- Amazon Pop Up Retail Associate – Westfield Old Orchard Amazon Jobs – Skokie, IL
- Amazon 4-star Retail Associate – SoHo Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Business Analyst Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Inbound Process Assistant Amazon Jobs – Chattanooga Area, TN
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.