The University of Texas at Austin
Electrician jobs in Texas, USA – Apply for Multi-Craft Electrician Jobs at The University of Texas at Austin – Austin, TX (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
- 100% employer-paid basic medical coverage
- Free Capital Metro bus rides
- Retirement contributions
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Career growth & professional development
Please visit our Human Resources (HR) website at https://hr.utexas.edu/ to learn more about the total benefits offered when you join our team! The Division of Student Affairs supports all members of the university community through our mission of developing programs and services that allow everyone to thrive and contribute to the dedicated excellence at the core of our institutional mission. We model diversity and inclusion by providing open, welcoming, and inclusive environments in which to work, live and learn. Purpose To provide journey level and/or master multi-crafted technical trade skills in the performance of work required for the maintenance, repair, installation, and operation of maintenance work for the residence halls, apartments, and dining facilities.
- Perform electrician (primary) skills in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all electrical equipment, mechanical systems, and other multi-crafted work as assigned. Experience in electrical systems, installing conduit, wiring, controls, and repair of multiple electrical systems in commercial and residential. Provide multi-crafted work in other trade areas including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, kitchen equipment, and painting as needed.
- Analyze computer-generated work orders and prioritize work. Use troubleshooting techniques and diagnostics to identify system and equipment malfunction. Coordinate repairs with other trades as needed. Inspect and evaluate work as needed to meet standards. Ensure all work is performed to acceptable industry standards.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills. Communicate with supervisor, staff, and residents regarding needed repairs and work order status. Follow through with written and oral instructions from the supervisor.
- Complete and submit paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Sign off completed work orders, provide status updates for work orders, perform preventive maintenance documentation and provide accurate information for parts requested. Charge out all material and account for all inventory used. Return all unused inventory into the system. Perform an inventory of all items as required.
- Participate and be involved with safety on the job and in the shop. Assist other co-workers with safety related events when necessary. Report any and all unsafe acts or safety related concerns to the safety rep, supervisor, and/or Safety Specialist. Promote and train on the lockout/tag out program.
- Encourage, support, and promote diversity initiatives. Promotes the professional development of self and all staff to improve knowledge and work skills through ongoing training and workshops, including monthly safety training.
- Carry a UT cell phone and be on the on-call rotation and respond to emergencies as requested. Perform and respond to emergency repairs 24/7 and facilitate completion as needed. Work weekends and overtime as determined by the supervisor.
- Drive a UT vehicle to the work site and transport equipment and supplies as needed to perform routine and preventive maintenance, and/or repairs.
- High school graduation or GED.
- Five years experience in construction and/or maintenance and repair in a crafts trade of facilities maintenance. The 5 years of experience must include 3 years of journey level electrical experience in construction/facilities maintenance and 2 years of other related trades.
- Experience with tools and equipment common to the trades specified.
Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- More than five (5) years of journey level electrical experience.
- Electrical experience installing conduit, wiring, controls, and repair of multiple electrical systems in commercial and residential.
- Licensed by the State of Texas as a master or journey level Electrician.
- Commercial and residential renovation experience, experience in maintenance and repair of apartments or residence halls.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to receive, respond, and follow through with written and verbal work related instructions from supervisors, customers, and co-workers.
Driving RequiredThis job requires a class “C” operator’s driver’s license. The applicant selected must provide a current three year driving record from the current state of residence. If not currently a Texas resident, a Texas driver’s license must be obtained within 30 days of becoming a Texas resident. Employees who are required to have a CDL are subject to drug and alcohol testing (pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, random, return-to-duty, and follow-up drug and alcohol testing).Salary Range$55,000 + depending on qualificationsWorking Conditions
- Uniforms and/or personal protection equipment (furnished)
- May work in all weather conditions
- May work in extreme temperatures
- May work around chemical fumes
- May work around standard office conditions
- May work around chemicals
- May work around electrical and mechanical hazards
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Use of manual dexterity
- Climbing stairs
- Climbing of ladders
- Lifting and moving
- Pushing, pulling, and moving a max force of 212 lbs.
- Lifting and moving 80 lbs.
- The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete testing for strength and agility prior to employment
Work Shift Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm. Work days, area, and hours may vary based on the department’s needs.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
Important for applicants who are NOT current university employees or contingent workers: You will be prompted to submit your resume the first time you apply, then you will be provided an option to upload a new Resume for subsequent applications. Any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) will be uploaded in the Application Questions section; you will be able to multi-select additional files. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
- E-Verify Poster (English) [PDF]
- E-Verify Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (English) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
Compliance Employees may be required to report violations of law under Title IX and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act). If this position is identified a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified and provided resources for reporting. Responsible employees under Title IX are defined and outlined in HOP-3031.The Clery Act requires all prospective employees be notified of the availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety report. You may access the 2021 report here or obtain a copy at University Compliance Services, 1616 Guadalupe, Suite UTA 2.206, Austin, TX 78701.
- Maintenance-Electrician Jobs at Advantage xPO – Cleveland, TN (On-site)
- Electrician Mastertradesperson 4 (7447) Jobs at Mission Technologies, a division of HII – Newport News, VA (On-site)
- Diagnostic Electrician – Smelter Jobs at Freeport-McMoRan – Miami, AZ (On-site)
- Electrician Technician Jobs at Apex Systems – Norfolk, VA (On-site)
- Electrician Jobs at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – Erie, PA (On-site)
- Electrician [3RD SHIFT, NEW WAGE RATES INCLUDED] Jobs at Atkore – Wayne, MI (On-site)
- Electrician Helper Jobs at Wood – Lexington, KY (On-site)
- Electrician Jobs at The Kraft Heinz Company – Lowville, NY (On-site)
- Commercial Electrician Jobs at Aerotek – Melrose Park, IL (On-site)
- Electricians Jobs at Aerotek – Rosemont, IL (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Electrician Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit utaustin2.wd2.myworkdayjobs-impl.com.