Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Oregon, United States – Apply for Network Deploy Technician Amazon Jobs – Boardman, OR. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2293588
Job Title: Network Deploy Technician.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an Infrastructure Delivery Network Technician to join our growing team within infrastructure operations. By applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States. This includes, but is not limited to: VA (Manassas, Herndon, Chantilly, Auburn), OR (Boardman, Umatilla, Hermiston), OH (Columbus), CA (Santa Clara), given availability. This position requires the successful candidate report to a site location.
As a Data Center Network Technician, you will work in a dynamic environment to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and assist in the development of innovative ways to automate and scale our network. The position’s responsibilities include scaling support of several data center locations and day to day assistance with capacity management. Our ideal candidate is sufficiently autonomous, detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has some experience in supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Network implementation and troubleshooting skills combined with a proven documentation methodology is also a requirement.
You will leverage your experience supporting large scale, enterprise class networks as well as network implementation and troubleshooting. As a Network Technician you will work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with regular peer and customer interaction. In addition to providing management and support of Amazon Web Services vast network infrastructure, Network Technicians establish and follow best practices and refine operational procedures.
Key job responsibilities
- Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflows to complete customer requests and projects
- Work closely with our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of established designs and products
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
- Up to 20% travel within geographical work area may be required; some travel outside traditional work area may be requested
- Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords
All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 41 pounds or more
- Ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 with an ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide after-hours support as needed
- Some regional travel may be required
- Walk job sites in uneven terrain
- Work safely at heights and from ladders
NOTE: Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
NOTE: Lump sum stipend will be provided to eligible candidates who relocate for this position.
NOTE: If applying for positions in Oregon (OR) and Ohio (OH), these sites are within AWS GovCloud region. Effective May 15, 2017, logical access to the AWS GovCloud region will be restricted to Amazon employees who are U.S. Citizens (GovCloud may NOT be accessed from outside of the United States).
- High school or equivalent diploma
- 1+ years of experience supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux Operating systems in a corporate setting
- 1+ year or experience in any of the following IT roles: Computer Hardware Repair, Infrastructure Cabling, Network Deployment, Data Center Operations, Technical Project Management
- Understanding of infrastructure technologies, including Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and Firewalls
- Knowledge of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, GNU/Linux) and common Networking Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Experience with common tools related to network troubleshooting, including VFLs, OTDR and power meters
- Experience with medium to large, complex project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment
- Working knowledge of Layer 1 troubleshooting
- Familiarity with common networking terms and fabric based network design
- Familiarity with computer / server hardware troubleshooting
- Working with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus
- Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies
- General comprehension of the various components and sub-components of data center infrastructure.
- Executive Business Partner Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA
- Education Customer Advisor – Amazon Business, Amazon Business Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Sr. Customer Advisor, Amazon Business Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Senior Account Representative, Amazon Business – NonProfit Amazon Jobs – Boston, MA
- LP Mult-Site Lead, AMZL Amazon Jobs – Lodi, NJ
- Customer Advisor, Mid-Market Commercial Amazon Jobs – Boston, MA
- Technical Program Manager, Amazon Fulfillment Technologies Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Software Development Manager – Satellite Control Systems, Ground Control Services Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, WA
- Software Development Engineer II Amazon Business Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Associate Brand Manager, Luxury Stores, Luxury Stores Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.