Network Engineer jobs in Alabama, USA – Apply for Network Engineer Jobs at Allegis Group – Trussville, AL (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
The Network System Administrator role is responsible for the oversight and maintenance of WAN MPLS, LAN, firewalls, routers, switches, VPN and other hardware. This role will implement necessary firewall, router, switch configuration changes with potential migration to Cloud services. In addition, the Network System Administrator will manage and administrate Network Architecture (Cisco, Brocade, Fortinet along with configure network access lists, DMZs, VPN, IPS, Geo-IP blocking, and Malware.
Primary Responsibilities And Duties
- Provide technical support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, SQL Administration, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, DFS, File and Print Services, and Windows client operating systems.
- Provide technical support for servers, storage servers, and other IT related equipment as required.
- Network support and administration: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and wireless.
- Research and recommend hardware and software systems, both independently and at the request of the VP of IT.
- Support, test, and make recommendations for disaster recovery solutions. Execute hardware and software process during a disaster to ensure speedy recovery to production.
- Support and maintenance of VMware virtualization systems, VOIP phone system.
- Standardize images for new computers. Assist with desktop and other office equipment, as needed. Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and operational procedures.
- Develop, maintain and support DR initiatives.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Maintain and assure confidentiality of data.
- Maintain and assure compliance with all IT policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Ability to provide support during non-business hours or outages as needed.
- 5 + years of server installation, configuration, troubleshooting and administration experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
- Experience with VoIP technologies.
- Systems administration within both traditional and cloud-based environments.
- Experience working in 24×7 operational environments.
- Must have strong working knowledge of networking configurations, protocols and related systems.
- Experience in large scale LAN/WAN networked infrastructures.
- Experience in networking infrastructure (firewalls, routers, switches, etc.)
- Experience in switching VLAN and port trunking.
- Must have strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience documenting solutions, processes, procedures, and recovery plans.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, performing multiple duties/tasks within defined deadlines.
- Proven experience identifying problems of varying complexities and finding effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Responsive to the needs of customers internal and external.
- Sense of urgency and commitment with strong follow up skills.
- Proven precision and attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude in all internal and external customer interactions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and listening skills.
- Self-driven and motivated individual with excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Display proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
Cisco networking, Network engineering, Firewall, Router, switching, Wan, Bgp, Troubleshooting, Switches
Top Skills Details
Cisco networking, Network engineering, Firewall, Router, switching
Additional Skills & Qualifications
The candidate will need to have experience with routers, switches, wireless technologies and firewalls.
We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Network Engineer Jobs at Comcast – Philadelphia, PA (On-site)
- Network Engineer Jobs at Apex Systems – Raleigh, NC (On-site )
- Network Engineer Jobs at Siemens – Heber Springs, AR (On-site)
- Network Engineer/Security Specialist Jobs at KBR, Inc. – Chantilly, VA (On-site)
- Network Engineer Jobs at Robert Half – Ann Arbor, MI (On-site)
- Network Engineer – Fully Remote Jobs at Magna5 – Pittsburgh, PA (Remote)
- Remote- Network Engineer Jobs at Nesco Resource – Mayfield Heights, OH (Remote)
- Jr. Network Engineer Jobs at Knight Office Solutions – San Antonio, TX
- Sr. Network Engineer (Hybrid) Jobs at NuVasive – Columbia, MD (Hybrid)
- Forklift Operator – 1st Shift Jobs at GXO Logistics, Inc. – Sandston, VA (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Network Engineer Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.teksystems.com.