New Grad RN jobs in North Carolina, USA – Apply for New Grad RN – Emergency Department – Duke Regional Hospital – Durham, NC Jobs at Duke University – Durham, NC (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Duke Regional Hospital has served Durham, Orange, Person, Granville and Alamance counties and the surrounding communities for nearly 40 years. With more than 1,900 employees, its focus is on providing outstanding medical care with compassionate, personalized service in a comfortable community hospital setting. Duke Regional Hospital has 369 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including orthopedics, weight-loss surgery, women’s services, and heart and vascular services, and also offers care at the Duke Rehabilitation Institute and Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center. In fiscal year 2018, Duke Regional Hospital admitted 16,299 patients and had 165,953 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Regional Hospital as #10 in North Carolina and #4 in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2018-19.Duke Nursing Highlights
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Experienced RN/Registered Nurse – Duke Regional Hospital – Clinical Decision Unit – Emergency DepartmentDuke University Health System seeks to hire an experienced Clinical Nurse II who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.The Clinical Decision Unit at Duke Regional Hospital is a 12 bed unit. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.Job SummaryAs a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.Full-TimeWork Hours & Shifts:
- (3) 12 hour shifts per week
- 36 hours per week
- 7a – 7p or 7p – 7a shift
Knowledge, Skills, Education, And Experience Required
- Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is required; at least one year previous work experience as a registered nurse is required for a CN, PRN role
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
- All registered nurses without a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Knowledge, Skills, Education, And Experience Preferred
- 1 or more years of RN experience preferred
Licensure, Certification Or Registration
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Professional specialty certification preferred.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Other Related Jobs:
See More: 1,000+ New Grad RN Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
Link to apply
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.