Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Florida, United States – Apply for Operations Manager, Amazon Air (Military Veterans Encouraged to Apply) Amazon Jobs – Lakeland, FL. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2297896
Job Title: Operations Manager.
This position has a start date between January 2nd 2023 and March 27, 2022. Qualified candidates will be selected to begin interviewing in January 2023. The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other warehouse environment. This is a full-time position.
Amazon Air is a global, customer-centric transportation provider that safely delivers low cost, high quality service. We are accomplishing our vision through a talented, inclusive, and diverse team, leveraging innovative technologies and a sustainability-aware mindset! You can “take off” and “soar” your career at Amazon Air.
Our WW Operations network delivers millions of packages and smiles to Amazon customers every day. We are looking for motivated, customer-focused individuals who want to join our team as an Operations Manager. In this role, you will lead and develop a team of salaried and hourly talent. You will be responsible for engaging your team during their shifts to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their team with the tools needed for success while driving improvements in productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving. You will also play a key role in maintaining our customer expectations to ensure customer orders are delivered at the right time, to the right location.
Our Operation’s workflow has three major components: First mile – where the product is housed and ready for order; Middle mile – where the order is hauled to your area; and Last mile – when the product is delivered to the customer’s door. Please note that all workflows have slight building variations, but one thing is constant: our vision and dedication to the customer.
Key Responsibilities and Job Elements:
- Support, mentor, and motivate your salaried and hourly workforce
- Lead large-scope projects with site and regional impact
- Build and execute productivity plans through forecast reviews, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Leaders to load balance
- Manage safety, quality, productivity, and customer delivery promises
- Collaborate with all support teams including Safety, Engineering, Loss Prevention, Quality Assurance, Human Resources to develop plans to meet business objectives
- Lift up to 49 pounds and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Stand/walk for up to 12 hours during shifts
- Work in an environment where the noise level varies and can be loud
- Work in an environment that is subject to variable temperatures and weather (delivery stations include outside loading departments)
- Continuously climb and descend stairs (applies to sites with stairs)
Our fulfillment network launches new Operations sites every year, providing various opportunities for your professional growth. We hire Operations Managers based on location preference and the business’ current openings.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- 3+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- Must fulfill FAA and DHS criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Federal law requires Amazon to determine an applicant’s history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position, if applicable.
- Experience managing a team of 2+ salaried employees and 70+ indirect employees
- Experience scoping, leading, and implementing process improvements through: Lean process, Kaizen, and/or Six Sigma.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Track record of meeting or exceeding department performance goals
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain/Logistics, or a related field.
- Experience in: military, manufacturing, automotive, biotech, electronics, energy, instrumentation, machinery, defense/aerospace, medical, cosmetics, production, or distribution environments.
Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day 1 as well as 401(k) with company match, holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child.
- Operations Manager (Military Veterans Encouraged to Apply) Amazon Jobs – Edison, NJ
- Operations Manager (Military Veterans Encouraged to Apply) Amazon Jobs – Davenport, FL
- IT Support Associate II , OpsTechIT (Level 3) Amazon Jobs – Liberty, MO
- Engineering Operations Technician Amazon Jobs – Santa Clara, CA
- Area Manager Amazon Jobs – Albuquerque, NM
- Material Disposition Manager, AWS Reverse Logistics Amazon Jobs – Antrim Township, PA
- Amazon Fresh Overnight Store Zone Lead (Full-Time) Amazon Jobs – Manassas, VA
- Control Systems Lead, ONT8 Automation Amazon Jobs – El Paso, TX
- Software Development Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
- Amazon Robotics – Program Manager (PM) Summer Intern Amazon Jobs – North Reading, MA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.