Fedex jobs in Illinois, USA – Apply for Ops Manager – Hub Jobs at FedEx Ground – Bedford Park, Illinois. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link.
This is a frontline manager position that supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture and manages specific day-to-day operations and an assigned staff. Responsible for ensuring safe and efficient package sortation through the management of Package Handlers. The Operations Manager may also manage administrative employees and functions and ensures administrative processes are compliant with FXG policies and procedures and governmental regulations.
Serves as a champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives • Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, training, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity • Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls specific day-to-day operations • Responsible for assigning and managing employees to ensure the safe and efficient sortation of packages through the facility, minimizing operational cost and maximizing operational quality, including the movement, tracking and administration of trailers (in conjunction with the linehaul department as applicable) • Analyzes operational performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others. Determines opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results • Leads daily employee and/or planning meetings to ensure workforce communication and understanding of operational updates and daily goals; Includes communication and public speaking to small and large audiences on a regular basis • Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidentiality of such material and matters • Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs • Investigates, resolves and/or escalates customer service issues, as appropriate • Responsible for training new employees regarding job duties and performance expectations and ensuring compliance with FXG policies, procedures and other training requirements, including but not limited to training related to quality assurance, SWAK, hazardous materials, Video Event Data Recorder (VEDR) coaching, and dock safety • Mentors and develops critical skill sets for new and/or less-experienced Operations Managers • Adapts quickly to change to meet dynamic business needs; Displays flexibility and appropriate sense of urgency, while leading and engaging employees in a positive and professional manner
High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Six (6) months experience required in the following areas: package handler at FedEx Ground, fast-paced environment (retail, hospitality, fulfillment center, warehouse, dock, or stock room/stock functions), military experience with honorable discharge or supervisory experience. • In lieu of experience, certification program or Associate’s Degree in related area or 2+ years of college courses towards a degree • Bachelor’s Degree (preferred).
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team • Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups • Proven ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audience levels and group sizes • Ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice • Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information • Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications • Ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant technology-based projects, including various devices and computer- based applications • Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
Other Job Description Information
Local candidates preferred, weekend and nights may be required.
% of Travel for the Position: 0-25%
Address: 6833 West 75th Street
City: Bedford Park
Zip Code: 60638
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P604/Chicago Hub
Auto req ID: 373546BR
Position Type: Full time
Employee Type: Non-Exempt
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Operations
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Package Handler- Switcher FT Jobs at FedEx Ground – Davenport, Florida
- FT & PT Package Handler – Warehouse Jobs at FedEx Ground – Louisville, Kentucky
- TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER: FULL TIME PM VACATION RELIEF DRIVER Jobs at FedEx Express – Nashville, Tennessee
- Delivery Driver DOT Full Time Jobs at FedEx Express – Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
- Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Alexandria, Louisiana
- Delivery Driver/DOT Jobs at FedEx Express – Raynham, Massachusetts
- Casual Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Williston, Vermont
- Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Costa Mesa, California
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Express – Phoenix, Arizona
- Ops Manager – Station Jobs at FedEx Ground – Londonderry, New Hampshire
See More: 1,000+ FedEx jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.fedex.com.