Fedex jobs in Tennessee, USA – Apply for Oracle Database Administrator Jobs at FedEx Supply Chain – Nashville, Tennessee. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Database Administrator maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple databases. This includes disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to company standards. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. The individual will be the subject matter expert that performs Oracle, SQL Server Database and Application server administration.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of databases.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and administer a variety of 3rd party vendor tools.
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Monitor database(s) for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures.
- Provide capacity analysis reports/data and recommendations for improvements.
- Deployments at Database level, Cognos, Middleware products, Websphere application server, Websphere commerce applications, Version control systems
- Basic troubleshooting for all databases involving Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and Golden Gate, Cognos, Commerce, Websphere, Fusion Middleware, Oracle EBS. Escalate more complex issues to senior levels.
- Basic troubleshooting, deployments, user security, running jobs, basic patching, follow documented steps for Oracle EBS App.
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Perform backup and recovery of databases, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of databases.
- Follow documented steps to more advanced tasks, understand/execute shell scripts, setup cron , PL/SQL scripting for all databases with Oracle , SQL Server, MySQL
- Installation and security implementation middleware infrastructure components.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Should be able to demonstrate a strong understanding in as many of the following areas as possible: Personal/Laptop Computers & related OS & software/hardware; Sun/Windows servers & related OS & software/hardware; Networking – switches, routers, hubs, modems, terminal servers, firewalls & printers (including cables/connectors and wireless); RF – controllers, access points and hand-held units; Scanning – scan guns, terminals and label printers; Mobile devices – iPhone, iPad and Blackberry & associated OS; Local and web-based applications/environments – AD, Citrix, Microsoft Outlook/Exchange (and other Microsoft Office components), Lotus Notes, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Financial systems, McAfee Antivirus (and related tools), Malware/ Spyware removal tools, Remote tools, Data analysis tools, and Electronic Data Interchange.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, work instructions, process maps and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 39219
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Ops Coordinator Jobs at FedEx Ground – McCook, Illinois
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – Montgomery, New York
- Package Handler- Switcher PT Jobs at FedEx Ground – Woodside, New York
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – Lafayette, Indiana
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – Memphis, Tennessee
- Courier/Non-DOT / Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Ground – Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – Anchorage, Alaska
- Operations Admin I – HR Jobs at FedEx Ground – Phoenix, Arizona
- Ops Manager – Hub Jobs at FedEx Ground – Grove City, Ohio
- Operations Admin I – III (Senior) Jobs at FedEx Ground – Madison, Wisconsin
See More: 1,000+ FedEx jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit genco.taleo.net.