Fedex jobs in Florida, USA – Apply for Package Handler- Switcher FT Jobs at FedEx Ground – Davenport, Florida. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link.
Responsible for the movement of trailers to and from the unload / load doors and throughout the yard. May also be responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing, in a safe and efficient manner.
• Performs trailer switches defined as hooking and moving a parked trailer from the yard to a load/unload door or hooking and moving a trailer from a door to the yard.
• Communicates with management and/or central control to coordinate trailer movements in the yard.
• Documents trailer moves using the Yard Management System (where available) or switcher cards.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections on switcher equipment.
• Understands and demonstrates effective yard switching safety processes and procedures.
In addition to the above essential functions, Switchers may also be required to perform Package Handler essential functions as follows:
• Utilizes “hand-to-surface” methods for all package handling.
• Loads and unloads packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, conveyor system carts and load gratings.
• Lifts, carries, pushes and pulls packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of two to four hours.
• Determines the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers and memorizing information and sorts packages accordingly.
No experience required; six (6) months of experience as a package handler or switching/CDL operator experience preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
•Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) file.
•Ability to understand and follow instruction regarding work duties and safety methods.
• Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly.
•Ability to use basic tools and equipment such as skate wheel rollers, dock carts, hand-held scanners, chutes and unloading devices.
•Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
Address: 5000 North Ridge Trail
Zip Code: 33897
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P348/DavenPort Colocation
Auto req ID: 372379BR
Position Type: Full time
Employee Type: Non-Exempt
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Administrative
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- FT & PT Package Handler – Warehouse Jobs at FedEx Ground – Louisville, Kentucky
- TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER: FULL TIME PM VACATION RELIEF DRIVER Jobs at FedEx Express – Nashville, Tennessee
- Delivery Driver DOT Full Time Jobs at FedEx Express – Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
- Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Alexandria, Louisiana
- Delivery Driver/DOT Jobs at FedEx Express – Raynham, Massachusetts
- Casual Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Williston, Vermont
- Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Costa Mesa, California
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Express – Phoenix, Arizona
- Ops Manager – Station Jobs at FedEx Ground – Londonderry, New Hampshire
- Warehouse Worker Jobs at FedEx Supply Chain – Columbus, OhioWarehouse Worker Jobs at FedEx Supply Chain – Columbus, Ohio
See More: 1,000+ FedEx jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.fedex.com.