Fedex jobs in Ohio, USA – Apply for Package Handler- Switcher FT Jobs at FedEx Ground – Grove City, Ohio. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Position Type: Full time
Employee Type: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the movement of trailers to and from the unload / load doors and throughout the yard. May also be responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing, in a safe and efficient manner.
• Performs trailer switches defined as hooking and moving a parked trailer from the yard to a load/unload door or hooking and moving a trailer from a door to the yard.
• Communicates with management and/or central control to coordinate trailer movements in the yard.
• Documents trailer moves using the Yard Management System (where available) or switcher cards.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections on switcher equipment.
• Understands and demonstrates effective yard switching safety processes and procedures.
In addition to the above essential functions, Switchers may also be required to perform Package Handler essential functions as follows:
• Utilizes “hand-to-surface” methods for all package handling.
• Loads and unloads packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, conveyor system carts and load gratings.
• Lifts, carries, pushes and pulls packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of two to four hours.
• Determines the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers and memorizing information and sorts packages accordingly.
No experience required; six (6) months of experience as a package handler or switching/CDL operator experience preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
•Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) file.
•Ability to understand and follow instruction regarding work duties and safety methods.
• Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly.
•Ability to use basic tools and equipment such as skate wheel rollers, dock carts, hand-held scanners, chutes and unloading devices.
•Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
Address: 6120 South Meadows Drive
City: Grove City
Zip Code: 43123
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P432/Columbus Hub
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Transportation Services
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Forklift Operator II – 1st Shift Jobs at FedEx Supply Chain – Olive Branch, Mississippi
- Warehouse Worker-2nd shift Jobs at FedEx Supply Chain – Olive Branch, Mississippi
- Warehouse Material Handler Jobs at FedEx Express – South Bend, Indiana
- Warehouse Material Handler AM Jobs at FedEx Express – Fort Myers, Florida
- Courier / Delivery Driver Part Time Tuesday – Saturday Jobs at FedEx Express – Mc Arthur Dr Reading, Pennsylvania
- Customer Pickup Coordinator Jobs at FedEx Ground – Avenue East Fife, Washington
- Operations Manager I-II Hub Jobs at FedEx Ground – Phoenix, Arizona
- Talent Acquisition Coordinator Jobs at FedEx Ground – Northampton, Pennsylvania
- Seasonal Admin Jobs at FedEx Ground – Phoenix, Arizona
- Sr Operations Admin – HR Jobs at FedEx Ground – Phoenix, Arizona
See More: 1,000+ Fedex jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.fedex.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.