Fedex jobs in Pennsylvania, USA – Apply for Package Handler- Switcher PT Jobs at FedEx Ground – Breinigsville, Pennsylvania. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Position Type: Part time
Employee Type: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the movement of trailers to and from the unload / load doors and throughout the yard. May also be responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing, in a safe and efficient manner.
• Performs trailer switches defined as hooking and moving a parked trailer from the yard to a load/unload door or hooking and moving a trailer from a door to the yard.
• Communicates with management and/or central control to coordinate trailer movements in the yard.
• Documents trailer moves using the Yard Management System (where available) or switcher cards.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections on switcher equipment.
• Understands and demonstrates effective yard switching safety processes and procedures.
In addition to the above essential functions, Switchers may also be required to perform Package Handler essential functions as follows:
• Utilizes “hand-to-surface” methods for all package handling.
• Loads and unloads packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, conveyor system carts and load gratings.
• Lifts, carries, pushes and pulls packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of two to four hours.
• Determines the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers and memorizing information and sorts packages accordingly.
No experience required; six (6) months of experience as a package handler or switching/CDL operator experience preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
•Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) file.
•Ability to understand and follow instruction regarding work duties and safety methods.
• Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly.
•Ability to use basic tools and equipment such as skate wheel rollers, dock carts, hand-held scanners, chutes and unloading devices.
•Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
Address: 8451 Willard Drive
Zip Code: 18031
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P180/Breinigsville
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Courier/Tractor-Trailer Driver
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Maintenance Tech I – IV (Specialist) Jobs at FedEx Ground – Middletown, Connecticut
- Oracle Database Administrator Jobs at FedEx Supply Chain – Nashville, Tennessee
- Ops Coordinator Jobs at FedEx Ground – McCook, Illinois
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – Montgomery, New York
- Package Handler- Switcher PT Jobs at FedEx Ground – Woodside, New York
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – Lafayette, Indiana
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – Memphis, Tennessee
- Courier/Non-DOT / Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Ground – Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – Anchorage, Alaska
- Operations Admin I – HR Jobs at FedEx Ground – Phoenix, Arizona
See More: 1,000+ FedEx jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.fedex.com.