Fedex jobs in Illinois, USA – Apply for Part Time Store Associate Jobs at FedEx Office – Evanston, Illinois. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link.
The Part-Time Store Associate is an entry level, part-time position that will work at FedEx Office’s largest volume retail stores. The Part-Time Store Associate is knowledgeable in FedEx Office’s retail and shipping products and will work primarily in these areas to consistently deliver a positive customer experience. The Part-Time Store Associate will utilize consultative skills to anticipate customer’s need, suggest alternatives and provide solutions. The Part-Time Store Associate will operate and maintain a variety of equipment in the Self-Service and Retail zones of the store, move boxes, stock materials and complete assigned tasks based on priority.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Follows instructions of supervisor and assist other Team Members in performing limited store functions
- Understands and models the Purple Promise to make every FedEx experience outstanding
- Assembles parcels and prepares goods for shipping by wrapping items in insulation, inserting items into shipping containers, weighing packages, and affixing labels to parcels
- Demonstrates consultative behaviors in a retail environment to understand each customer’s individualized need
- Ensures all customer problems are resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of the customer
- Maintains a safe, clean and orderly retail Store
- Ensures confidentiality of customer data and careful handling of documents, media, and packages
- Assists with processing financial transactions using a Point of Sale terminal (POS), including handling cash and making change
- Cleans and stocks all retail Store printing and shipping equipment and supplies to provide optimal performance and availability
- Stays current on retail Store merchandising materials and ensures proper display of all retail area product and signage
- Takes preemptive action to prevent errors and waste
- Follows FedEx Office standard operating procedures as well as adhering to legal, HR, safety, customer service and security policies and procedures
- Performs multiple tasks at the same time
- Looks for opportunities to improve knowledge and skills within the retail Store
- Adheres to all FedEx Office standards, as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- All other duties as needed or required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 50 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.Recruiting@FedEx.com.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Des Moines, Iowa
- Customs Trade Agent/College Connections – S2-33 Jobs at FedEx Logistics – Itta Bena, Mississippi
- Retail Customer Service Associate Jobs at FedEx Office – West Chester, Ohio
- Courier/DOT Jobs at FedEx Express – Dothan, Alabama
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Express – Atlanta, Georgia
- Part Time Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Tallahassee, Florida
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Express – Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Part Time Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Irondale, Alabama
- Retail Customer Service Associate Jobs at FedEx Office – Redlands, California
- Retail Customer Service Associate Jobs at FedEx Office – La Jolla, California
See More: 1,000+ FedEx jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit fedex.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.