Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States. – Apply for Partner Development Manager – Federal Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1642450
Job Title: Partner Development Manager.
Role is open to any location in the US
Would you like to own building the future for a leader in the Cloud Computing business in the Public Sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with key Public Sector systems partners and solutions providers who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions? Do you have the business savvy, business development experience and the technical knowledge necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As an AWS Partner Development Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and adoption of Amazon Web Services in Public Sector. Your mission will be to develop AWS awareness and adoption, build AWS competency with partners across the United States. In this role, you will establish deep business relationships with AWS partners to successfully drive the adoption of key programs focused on Public Sector partners. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. In addition, a basic understanding of Cloud essentials is necessary to be successful in this role.
This role will be to support the efforts of Public Sector Partner Development Managers (PDMs) across the United States who are looking to leverage new and existing Public Sector Partner Programs to accelerate our partners Journey to the Cloud. You will be responsible for growing adoption and usage of AWS Partner Programs as measured by a number of key metrics. You will work very closely with the AWS PDM teams to drive joint sales engagement, as well as strategically plan for development of future opportunities and pursuits. Candidates should also have strong industry experience and demonstrated the ability to think and act strategically on the government customer mission, industry directions, and partner/customer technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector Partner Team in helping to drive adoption and usage of AWS Partner Programs as measured by a number of key metrics.
· Understand and navigate Public Sector contracting vehicles and procedures.
· Set a strategic territory plan for your target markets and ensure it’s in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the Public Sector.
· Execute the strategic sales & business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to assigned targets.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· BA/BS required or equivalent experience
· 8+ years of business development, program/product management, professional technical services, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships experience
· 5+ years of working within the U.S. Federal government
· 3+ years of experience with outsourcing or managed services, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in the technology industry
· Experience in customer facing roles leading large scale transformation programs or extensive customer engagements.
· Experience in technology enabled consultative, delivery, solutions, or business development roles focused on enterprises.
· Experience in cloud technologies – deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
· Experience developing, implementing, managing and executing field programs and resources
· Enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen.
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
· Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing and IT.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
· MBA is highly valued as is a technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Other Related Jobs:
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.