Stony Brook University
Pharmacy Intern Jobs in New York, USA – Apply for Pharmacy Intern Job at Stony Brook University – Stony Brook, NY. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
At Stony Brook Medicine, a Pharmacy Intern is a valuable member of our team, under the general supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Intern prepares medication for dispensing pursuant to a Pharmacist-reviewed medication order or computer-generated list. The Pharmacy Intern may, under direct supervision by a pharmacist, perform all duties of a licensed pharmacist, including the compounding of patient-specific medication.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior communication and organizational skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, the Pharmacy Intern may perform all duties of a licensed pharmacist, including the compounding of patient-specific medication.
- Under the general supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Intern prepares medications for dispensing pursuant to a Pharmacist-reviewed medication order or computer-generated list.
- Repackages medications under the supervision of a Pharmacist following Departmental Policy & Procedure.
- Fills unit dose cassettes from pharmacy profiles or medication fill list.
- Fills new medication orders for first doses.
- Processes floor stock emergency drug and drug transfer requisitions.
- Maintains appropriate levels of inventory in work area.
- Maintains proper medication storage.
- Assists the Pharmacist in restocking crash carts and emergency boxes as needed.
- When assigned, delivers medications and I.V. solutions.
- When assigned, completes patient care unit inspections.
- Maintains awareness of and follows all rules, policies and procedures of the department. In addition, all State Pharmacy laws and DEA controlled substance laws will be strictly observed and followed.
- Restocks unit-based dispensing cabinets.
- Reviews patient profiles for drug-drug interactions and medication use evaluations.
- May be assigned to supervise Pharmacy Students.
Required: Must possess an official Pharmacy Intern Permit issued by the University of the State of New York Education Department.
Preferred: Availability year round.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Pharmacy Intern Job at The Save Mart – Grass Valley, CA
- Pharmacy Intern – PRN Job at Bon Secours – Richmond, VA
- Work From Home Data Entry Agent Jobs at MCI – North Port, FL (Remote)
- Customer Relations Representative – Work From Home Jobs at CVS Health – Orlando, FL (Remote)
- Customer Service Representative (Work from Home) Jobs at Vaco – Miami, FL
- Work From Home Call Center Agent Jobs at PFSweb, Inc. – Dallas, TX
- Work from Home Transcriptionist Jobs at Literably – Atlanta, GA (100% Remote)
- Work From Home – Tax Associate Jobs at Intuit
- Home-Based Senior Specialist Guest Retail (32 – 40 hours/week) at Target
- Work From Home Customer Service Representative at AT&T
See More: 1,000+ Pharmacy Intern Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit stonybrooku.taleo.net.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.