Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Phlebotomy Jobs in Massachusetts, USA – Apply for Phlebotomist–16 hours a week Job at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center – Boston, MA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Department Description: The Department of Pathology is involved with the diagnosis of cancer and other major medical conditions through the gross and microscopic examination of tissue samples obtained from surgical procedures and endoscopy (Anatomic Pathology).
Our department also provides clinical laboratory services to the hospital as well as consults in the areas of clinical chemistry, hematopathology, microbiology, and transfusion medicine (Clinical Pathology). Affiliated with Harvard Medical School, the Department of Pathology conducts research (linked )in the further characterization of disease processes and trains (linked text) the next generation of pathologists. Affiliated with Harvard Medical School, the Department of Pathology conducts research in the further characterization of disease processes and trains the next generation of pathologists.
The hours of this position are Friday- Saturday 10:30pm- 7am.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 39212BR
Job Summary :
Phlebotomists performs phlebotomy services on all patients at BIDMC. This person obtains patient identification and maintains vein preservation and specimen labeling procedures. A Phlebotomist transports routine and STAT specimens to appropriate laboratories.
- Perform venipunctures, including blood culture collection, and fingersticks ensuring proper ID/labeling of specimens and using vein preservation techniques.
- Perform and report bleeding times according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure adequate stocking of supplies and report needs to phlebotomy leaders.
- Transports specimen from site of collection to site of testing.
- Participates in laboratory programs for QA, competency, mandatory training and continuing education.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- Registration preferred: ASCP Registered,Certificate 1 preferred: NCA Certification
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Lab Assistant / Phlebotomist – The Jewish Hospital Mercy Health Job at Mercy Health – Cincinnati, OH
- Phlebotomist Job at Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies – Montgomery, AL
- Clinical Trials Phlebotomy Operations Coord – 229748 Job at University of Rochester – Rochester, NY
- Phlebotomist Lab Support and EKG Tech – Bellevue PRN Job at Nebraska Medicine – Bellevue, NE
- Systems Engineer Job at SAIC – El Segundo, CA
- Software Test Engineer Job at Lionbridge – Boise, ID
- Electrical Engineer-21-00944 Job at DataSoft Technologies – Greer, SC
- Sr. Hardware Design Engineer Job at Optello – Campbell, CA
- Software Engineer, Data Job at Orchard – New York, NY
- Receptionist Job at Robert Half – Miami, FL
See More: 1,000+ Phlebotomy Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.