Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Phlebotomist jobs in Georgia, USA – Apply for Phlebotomist Technician – Full Time at Webb Bridge Jobs at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta – Alpharetta, GA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Note: If you are CURRENTLY employed at Children’s and/or have an active badge or network access, STOP here. Submit your application via Workday using the Career App (Find Jobs).
Shift Start Time
Shift End Time
Being an employee at Children’s is more than just protocols and medication rounds—it’s knowing when a hug is the most important thing in the world to a child. It’s knowing that sometimes laughter really is the best medicine. But, most important, it’s giving patients and families exactly the care they need, when they need it.
Oversees invasive procedures and techniques involved in collection of blood specimens from patients for laboratory use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Performs clinical laboratory duties and responsibilities and works effectively with others to meet patient needs. Actively promotes a lean work culture by performing team member duties to ensure consistent use of lean principles and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements.
- 2 years of experience in phlebotomy, including venipuncture on newborns through adolescent age groups and laboratory processing
- American Society for Clinical Pathology phlebotomy certification or equivalent
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- 1 year of experience in a pediatric hospital
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No certifications required
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strives for adult-adult relationships with colleagues, subordinates, and superiors
- Collects laboratory specimens properly and safely from patients newborn through age 21 using excellent customer service skills, approaching patients with age- specific behaviors, and following department and system policies and procedures.
- Performs blood collection procedures for a variety of complex tests, such as oral glucose tolerance tests, blood culture collection procedures, and the collection of blood transfusion medicine specimens.
- Performs sweat collections according to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation standards.
- Performs blood collections using universal standard precautions and complies with varying levels of isolation criteria.
- Performs various duties in specimen processing area of the laboratory following standard work processes, including preparation of samples for testing and specimen management in the laboratory information system.
- Identifies patient properly using two patient identifiers.
- Prepares patient in a developmentally appropriate manner by recognizing needs and behaviors of a variety of age groups such as understanding child growth and development and normal patterns of adolescent behavior.
- Actively promotes a lean culture by performing duties to promote the consistent use of lean principals and processes.
- Engages in continual process improvement by identifying waste, ineffective and inefficient processes, and unsafe practices.
- Performs clerical duties related to specimen collection and patient care.
- Researches test/client information using laboratory computer system.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and patient privacy related to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Monitors and troubleshoots laboratory information system error log and specimen collection pending log.
- Recognizes necessity of taking ownership of own motivation, morale, performance, and professional development and strives for behavior consistent with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s and the laboratory’s mission, goals, and values.
Phlebotomists in Community Locations: Additional Duties and Allocation of Time
- May be required to perform patient access duties such as patient registration into the hospital information system.
- Collects laboratory specimens as described in Section III, 1.
- Processes laboratory specimens as described in job description 4968.
Primary Location Address
3155 North Point Pkwy
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Phlebotomist – (Phleb) Jobs at Club Staffing – Rock Island, IL (On-site)
- Phlebotomist Jobs at Ascension – Appleton, WI (On-site)
- Phlebotomist | Laboratory – Contract – Mids Jobs at HealthTrust Workforce Solutions – Asheville, NC (On-site)
- Phlebotomist Jobs at Quest Diagnostics – Niagara Falls, NY (On-site)
- Phlebotomist Jobs at UNC Health – Eden, NC (On-site)
- Phlebotomist Jobs at CSL Plasma – Longwood, FL (On-site)
- Phlebotomist I-$1500 Sign-On Bonus Jobs at PathGroup – Columbia, TN (On-site)
- Phlebotomist- Part Time Jobs at CHRISTUS Health – Longview, TX (On-site)
- Phlebotomist / Laboratory Jobs at Hartford HealthCare – New Britain, CT (On-site)
- Float Phlebotomist Jobs at Labcorp – Indianapolis, IN (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Phlebotomist Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.choa.org.