Strength and Conditioning Jobs in Florida, USA – Apply for Physical Conditioning Coach jobs at IMG Academy – Brandon, FL, US. See job description, requirements, and link to apply.
Want to love what you do in an environment that values learning and growth alongside other high performing individuals? If you answered yes, IMG Academy is hiring.
Our unique campus is dedicated to developing the next generation of leaders, champions and influencers. We believe that each day is an opportunity to achieve dreams and inspire greatness. As part of the IMG Family, we prepare our student-athletes to succeed, taking on life with confidence and preparedness. Through our integration of elite academics, athletics and character development, our student-athletes are prepared to rise up to their full potential – whether that’s on the field, in the classroom or in life.
We are seeking curious, caring individuals who align with our core values:
- Passionate Soul : Love what you do
- Open Mind : Never stop learning and growing
- Champions Spirit : Strive for greatness
- Helpful Heart : Lift up those around you
- Absolute Integrity : Always do the right thing
Job Title: Physical Conditioning Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO Category: Professional
Department: Athletic & Personal Development (APD)
Position Summary: Responsible for the development and implementation of physical conditioning training programs for athletes in all sports, all ages, and all levels.
- Development and implementation of physical conditioning training programs for athletes in all sports, all ages, and all levels with the ability to lead development and implementation
- Programming (to include a 10 month periodized plan) of strength and power training, speed, agility, and movement sessions, and pre-gen/regeneration with the ability to lead programming
- Delivery of strength and power training, speed, agility, and movement sessions, and pre-gen/regeneration in one to one, small group and large group sessions
- Delivery of both Academy and Camp physical conditioning sessions
- Communication with coaches, fellow APD colleagues and athletes
- Integration and observation of athletes in their sport environment as feasible
- Tracking, data entry and reporting of testing, attendance, and other required needs for the training program as well as in the AMS (Athlete Management System)
- Collaborate with other APD divisions (Sports Medicine, Sport Science, Nutrition, Mental Conditioning, Leadership, Cognitive Perceptual Training) and participate in interdisciplinary pods with the other APD staff members who work in the same sport(s)
- Day to day upkeep of facilities
- Deliver and support IMG Institute initiatives and sessions as necessary
- Support sponsorship companies and initiatives as necessary
- Support team and group training and events as necessary
- Provide supervision of assistant coaches and/or summer staff to include feedback and education
- Provide coach or parent education as necessary
- Balance the needs of the business with the needs of the athletes and department
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology, health, physical education or related field
- Previous experience as a physical conditioning coach in strength and conditioning
- Experience developing training programs and implementing strength and speed/agility training across one or more of the sports at IMG Academy (Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Lacrosse, Tennis, Golf, Track )
- Demonstrated experience inspiring, motivating and improving performance of youth, middle school and high school athletes
- Proficiency in writing training programs for athletes of all ages in a variety of sports
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with colleagues, sport coaches and athletes
- Demonstrated high energy, charismatic training approach
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Adaptable and flexible to a dynamic training and work environment
- Passionate and positive attitude
- Open and responsive to feedback
- A superior work ethic
- Strong customer service skills
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to connect with various ages, skill levels, cultures and sports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to interface with a variety of audiences
- CSCS certification or equivalent
- Master’s degree in kinesiology, health, physical education or related field
- Experience in speed and movement training
- Experience with junior and youth athletes
- Experience with sport science
- Sport or coaching experience
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- CPR/First Aid certification
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer
EOE, Veterans & Disabled
Apply for this job online Apply
Email job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Education Management
Link to Apply
See More: 1,000+ strength and conditioning jobs in USA – Updated Daily
To apply for this job please visit wmeimg.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.