Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in Ohio, United States – Apply for Physical Security / Industry Specialist Amazon Jobs – Dublin, OH. See the job description, requirements, and link to apply.
Job ID: 2385450
Job Title: Physical Security / Industry Specialist.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, delivering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world to include the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC).
The AWS Security, Security Design and Accreditation group is looking for an Industry Specialist (IS) to join our design and accreditation team. As an IS you will manage sensitive and critical US Intelligence Community (USIC) and DoD security relevant facility designs, builds, and expansions supporting cloud technologies and activities.
This position is based in Columbus, OH and will join a team of experienced Industry Specialists in managing the AWS National Industrial Security Program (NISP). SDA is responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing AWS’ NISP.
The team works closely with US Government (USG) customers who are migrating national security workloads into the AWS cloud by adopting cloud infrastructure and cloud service platforms. With AWS, our customers can requisition compute, storage, and numerous additional cloud services, gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services critical to maintaining their missions and operational workloads. Our customers have the flexibility to choose between a variety of development platforms or programming models suited to addressing their unique challenges.
You obsess over internal and external customers and successfully deliver support and services in a high-growth environment where priorities shift extremely fast. You are also independent and must be able to manage multiple security design projects under minimal supervision, continuously triaging and prioritizing your projects, develop and contribute to regular reporting mechanisms, communicate clearly, think outside the box, and deliver solutions that meet the AO’s requirements and facilitate our customer’s mission. Ownership also includes developing site security service proposals from various vendors and managing the selected vendor from the beginning to the end of the project.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Key job responsibilities
As an Industry Specialist with the SDA, you will own the security-relevant design of our ICD 705 and NISPOM facility builds and expansions. This includes:
• interpreting and communicating physical and technical security requirements, best practices, and Accreditation Official (AO) variances;
• participating in design reviews and the approval process;
• implementing security of the construction site; inspecting and cataloging key stages of each build as prescribed in the CSP or AO guidelines;
• ensuring that these secure areas are protected with Intrusion Detection and Access Control system by developing ACS/IDS design and procurement and that construction meets current TEMPEST requirements for the protection of National Security Information, accredited facilities, and critical cloud infrastructure from insider and external threats.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Facility and Technical Security Design and Accreditation(s).
• 5+ years of experience interpreting and implementing facility physical and technical security requirements of the NISPOM, ICD 705 and ICS 705-1/2.
• 5+ years of expertise in selection, implementation, trouble-shooting, and application of UL 2050 Intrusion Detection Systems, Automated Access Control Systems (ACS – software, configuration, and user interface), FF-L-2740B locking devices, and EMSEC/TEMPEST (CNSSAM TEMPEST/01-13) solutions that support ICD 705 accreditations.
• 5+ years’ experience reviewing and reading; architectural, system, HVAC, and electrical drawings.
• This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
• 1+ year experience using Microsoft Visio and Bluebeam.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment that changes daily
• Ability to read and comprehend multiple design drawings and documents to include Architectural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Security, Telecommunications, and Electrical and apply relevant security measures to each.
• Possess knowledge and applicability of a PDS (Protective Distribution System) per CNSSI No.7003.
• Knowledge of General Contracting processes and procedure
• Supply Chain: Material delivery, storage and protection
• Vendor management: General Contractor and sub-contractor selection and approvals
• Access Control: site access for GC and Vendors commercial and government locations
• Penetrations: penetration logs, protection, grounding, dielectric breaks, wave guides
• Experience using and annotating drawings using Visio, Blue-Beam, and/or AutoCAD
• Pro-actively identify physical security requirements, problems, and solutions; using your experience with security systems, concepts, and infrastructure into the security design of our facilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
- Physical Security / Industry Specialist Amazon Jobs – New Albany, OH
- Technical Program Manager, Security Integration Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
- Physical Security / Industry Specialist, Security Design and Accreditation Amazon Jobs – Annapolis Junction, MD
- Physical Security / Industry Specialist, Security Design and Accreditation Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
- COMSEC Officer, Industrial Security and Compliance Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Software Development Manager, AWS Security Platform Engineering Amazon Jobs – San Luis Obispo, CA
- Access Provisioning Analyst, ADC Accounts Provisioning Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
- Site EHS Manager Amazon Jobs – Baltimore, MD
- Amazon Fresh Meat and Seafood Associate Amazon Jobs – North Hollywood, CA
- Amazon Fresh Prepared Foods Associate Amazon Jobs – North Hollywood, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.