Department of Veterans Affairs
Government jobs in New York State, USA – Apply for Physician – Diagnostic Radiologist Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Rome, NY . See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application.
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Education Debt Reduction Program (Student Loan Repayment): Approved
EDRP Authorized: Contact VISN2EDRPCoordinators@va.gov. , the EDRP Coordinator for questions/assistance
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
Work Schedule: M-F 08:00 – 4:30 NO CALL
Roles and Responsibilities/Duties:
The STAFF Radiologist has the overall responsibility for image review and interpretation of radiology exams on the VISN 2 PACS system and powerscribe 360 reporting system.
The radiologist will be expected to interpret radiography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasonography and nuclear medicine.
The radiologist will provide on-site monitoring of CT contrast injections and provide assessment and treatment for contrast reactions or side effects.
Radiologist will be expected to work collaboratively and provide consultation with referring clinicians and technical staff at the Rome CBOC location.
Radiologist is responsible for protocoling exams for proper direction and reason for exam.
The Staff Radiologist will also provide supervision of radiology residents on a rotating schedule.
Radiologist will also ensure compliance with all Radiation Safety items according to the NHPP and enforce radiology procedures according to the American College of Radiology (ACR) regulations.
The Staff Radiologist will participate in decision making and policy that impact the Radiology service and the Medical Center in conjunction with fellow staff members and supervisors.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP)
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Personnel
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Residency Training: Physicians must have completed residency training, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification. (NOTE: VA physicians involved in academic training programs may be required to be board certified for faculty status.) Approved residencies are: (1) Those approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), b) OR
[(2) Those approved by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA),OR
(3) Other residencies (non-US residency training programs followed by a minimum of five years of verified practice in the United States), which the local Medical Staff Executive Committee deems to have provided the applicant with appropriate professional training and believes has exposed the physician to an appropriate range of patient care experiences.
Residents currently enrolled in ACGME/AOA accredited residency training programs and who would otherwise meet the basic requirements for appointment are eligible to be appointed as “Physician Resident Providers” (PRPs). PRPs must be fully licensed physicians (i.e., not a training license) and may only be appointed on an intermittent or fee-basis. PRPs are not considered independent practitioners and will not be privileged; rather, they are to have a “scope of practice” that allows them to perform certain restricted duties under supervision. Additionally, surgery residents in gap years may also be appointed as PRPs.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Preferred Experience: Board certified or board eligible. Training or interest in neuroradiology is preferable.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Physical and mental status of individuals should enable them to perform all their duties under normal and emergent conditions. The applicant must have the ability to perform efficiently and without hazard to self or others will encompass consideration of physical, mental, and emotional ability as related to realistic requirements for the duties and responsibilities to be assumed. See VA Directives and VA Handbook 5019.
- Schools of medicine accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) for the year in which the degree was granted, or
- Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
- For foreign medical graduates not covered in (1) or (2) above, facility officials must verify with the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) that the applicant has met requirements for certification, and must obtain a copy of the ECFMG certificate, if claimed by the applicant. [If the applicant does not claim an ECFMG certificate, facility officials must still confirm that the medical school meets (or met) ECFMG eligibility requirements for the year the candidate graduated.]
- This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
- This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
- VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health-related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
- Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members.
- Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application, résumé, C.V., and/or other supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
NOTE: A formal pay-setting process will be used to determine your salary. The salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To apply for this position, you must submit a C.V. and/or resume. Other documents may be requested later in the process if needed.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Registered Nurse – OCA (Sheridan, WY VAHCS Employees Only) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Afton, WY
- PURCHASING AGENT Jobs at Department of the Navy – Keyport, WA
- Explosives Handler Jobs at Department of the Army – Crane, IN
- Biological Scientist (Environmental) Jobs at Department of the Air Force – Gunter AFB, AL
- Lead Contract Specialist Jobs at Legislative Branch – Washington, DC
- Physician (Hospitalist) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Leavenworth, KS
- Physician (Thoracic Surgery) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Kansas City, MO
- Pulmonary Critical Care Physician Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Johnson City, TN
- Physician – Psychiatrist Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Albany, NY
- Transportation Security Officer (TSO) Jobs at Department of Homeland Security – Missoula, MT
See More: 1,000+ Government Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit my.usajobs.gov.