Mutual Housing California
Janitorial jobs in California, USA – Apply for Porter Janitorial Jobs at Mutual Housing California – North Highlands, CA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job Title: Porter/Janitorial
Location: Sacramento/Yolo Counties
Department: Property Management
Reports To: Property Manager
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $14.78 per hour
Mutual Housing Management provides professional property management services to Mutual Housing California’s 19 affordable multifamily properties. The mission of Mutual Housing Management is to be an exceptional steward of Mutual Housing’s portfolio of multifamily housing properties to support long-term sustainability.
Porter/Janitor must be a team player who provides safe, decent, atmosphere for the residents of the community. The Porter/Janitor will work in conjunction with maintenance staff to ensure a high standard of cleanliness, customer service, and a hazard-free environment
- Cleans and maintains entry lobby, including cleaning of windows, doors, mopping floors, vacuuming carpets, etc., daily, and more if necessary to maintain excellent entrance appeal.
- Cleans laundry room, community room, conference room, and management offices daily.
- Cleans community bathrooms daily, more to maintain in a sanitary manner.
- Cleans stairways and elevators on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Does cleaning of units, including stoves, refrigerators, bathrooms, floors, windows, etc. if necessary
- Reports all maintenance repairs needed to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Sweeps and cleans parking lot on daily basis.
- Picks up trash from grounds.
- Ensures garbage enclosures are picked up and cleaned daily.
- Uses hose/pressure washer to clean walkways and buildings when necessary.
- Changes all light bulbs in hallways and common areas.
- Does minor work orders for residents and/or management as assigned by Property Manager.
- Respect the confidentiality of resident information.
Desired Skills and Experience
High School Diploma/GED
Experience with janitorial routine.
- Take direction from the supervisor.
- Read, write, do basic math, and follow instructions in the English language.
- Work in a collaborative manner, as a part of the site team.
- Communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Flexible to change work schedules.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Legally operate a motor vehicle (valid driver’s license and insurance).
- Treat residents and vendors with respect and compassion.
- Represent Mutual Housing Management with a professional manner at all times.
- Understand and commit to the mission and values of Mutual Housing.
- Wear a Mutual Housing Management uniform at all times when on duty.
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed.
- Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through.
- Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, thinking of better ways to do things.
- Coach-ability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement, accepting accountability when appropriate.
- Resident focus: Striving for high resident satisfaction, going out of our way to be helpful, responsive, attentive and pleasant.
- Leadership (for those with direct reports): Setting clear expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback and guidance, holding people accountable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently required to push/pull objects weighing more than 100 lbs. and lift and carry objects weighing more than 50 lbs. but less than 100. Frequently required to perform simple manipulative tasks such as using hand tools and operating maintenance machinery. Must be able to walk, stand, squat, drive, and remain in uncomfortable positions for periods of time necessary to accomplish maintenance repairs.
Frequently required to read fine print on plans, regulatory documents, maintenance coding, and instructions. Must be able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise to answer pages, phones, etc. Must be able to speak clearly and hear and understand others using the English language.
Frequently required to concentrate on moderate detail with moderate interruption. Must be able to attend to a task/function for more than 60 minutes at a time. Must be able to understand and relate to specific ideas one at a time and remember a task/assignment for at least a full shift.
Frequent exposure to seasonal conditions in outside weather. Occasional exposure to grease, oil, toxins or poisonous materials, dust, loud noises, high humidity, and electrical or mechanical hazards.
Frequently required to operate power carpentry tools, garden tools, cleaning equipment, or paint equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents wi
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Evening Part Time Janitorial Supervisor Jobs at PJS of Texas – Austin, TX
- Janitorial Associate Jobs at Kuehne+Nagel – Ellenwood, GA
- Janitor Jobs at ResourceMFG – Columbus, OH
- Janitorial (Overnight) – The Grandview at Las Vegas Jobs at MasterCorp, Inc. – Las Vegas, NV
- Janitorial Jobs at MPW Industrial Services – Louisville, KY
- Part-time Janitorial/Maintenance Associate – Hannaford Jobs at Hannaford Supermarkets – Albany, NY
- Janitor-Lab Jobs at Jushi Holdings Inc. – Manassas, VA
- Janitorial Services Aide – Part Time Jobs at Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library – Winterthur, DE
- JANITORIAL/CLEANING Jobs at SEEK Careers/Staffing – Bloomington, MN
- Hospital cleaning / Housekeeper (3:00pm-11:30pm) Jobs at Barnes-Jewish Hospital – St Louis, MO
See More: 1,000+ Janitorial Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.