Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Texas, United States – Apply for Principal, Tech Prog Mgmt, Supply Chain Risk Management Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2300438
Job Title: Principal, Tech Prog Mgmt.
This position is located in Austin, TX.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud infrastructure platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS’ Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) works to deliver cutting-edge solutions that invent and simply how we source, build, and sustain our data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who support the core infrastructure of Amazon business. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
We are seeking an experienced Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) with broad and deep Supply Chain Experience to join our global Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) team to influence and own long-term security outcomes in the AWS Supply Chain. We are looking for an individual that can lead technical initiatives, build and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external partners, define and implement repeatable processes, and deliver results against the AWS supply chain security landscape.
As a Principal Supply Chain TPM, you will be a thought leader in AWS Supply Chain and will work cross functionally with security engineers, operations, software developers, program managers, and business leaders to identify, scope, and deliver end-to-end projects with a focus on supply chain security. You will help craft new concepts to integrate into our supply chain to improve the overall visibility and validation, developing the secure supply chain of the future. You will be comfortable dealing with ambiguous requirements. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus efforts to deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Success in this role requires being right a lot, making judgment calls, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical skills and leadership.
This position involves partnering with engineering, business owners, and suppliers to ensure continuity of supply through a robust risk mitigation process.
This role requires an individual with the ability to program manage highly complex initiatives and lead cross functionally as an individual contributor. You’ll develop a close rapport with internal stakeholders to understand product risks and opportunities and build new processes required to scale the organization. If you want to be the subject matter for supply chain risk management at AWS; be held accountable for results as you drive support into a fast growth business; and be rewarded by leaving a legacy footprint in the new industry of Cloud computing – we’ve got just the role for you.
The desired individual must have knowledge of sourcing and supply chain strategies, configuration management, risk management, and strong program management skills. This individual will be expected to solve complex supply chain issues, establish patterns and practices, and provide domain leadership to the entire team. Success in the role requires extensive supply chain, operational, and process knowledge to effectively balance and navigate schedule, risk, and operational tradeoffs.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop programs and lead global initiatives aimed at identifying and eliminating security risks for the supply chains of AWS and its subsidiaries.
- Respond to and coordinate related security consultations and inquiries.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to drive product roadmaps, by providing supply chain requirements that help to map security controls/patterns to product features.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of management, building trust across the organization, and demonstrating discretion with sensitive information.
- Lead both internal and external partners through the resolution of ambiguous and undefined problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field, or 5+ additional years of related work experience in lieu of a degree
- 10+ years of experience in program or project management
- 8+ years of experience with Supply Chain Management operations and concepts, e.g., forecasting, planning, optimization, product flows, transportation, manufacturing, distribution and fulfillment.
- 8+ years of experience in Supply Chain product or program management
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- MBA or advanced degree in supply chain, engineering, operations, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines.
- Demonstrated program management skill set with the ability to lead cross functionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Senior Process Engineer, Amazon Freight, AF LTL Amazon Jobs – Tempe, AZ
- Maintenance Technician III Amazon Jobs – San Marcos, TX
- IT Support Associate II, OpsTech IT Amazon Jobs – Cranbury, NJ
- Senior Program Manager, Shipping and Delivery Support Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Amazon Fresh Store Kitchen & Prepared Zone Lead (Full Time) Amazon Jobs – Norridge, IL
- Dir of Eng, Data Platform Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA
- Maintenance Technician III Amazon Jobs – DuPont, WA
- Data Center Operations Technician Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Senior Antenna Engineer, Phased Array Antenna Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Software Development Engineer, ACC Tech Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.