Department of the Navy
Government jobs in California, USA – Apply for PRODUCTION CONTROLLER Jobs at Department of the Navy – Alameda, CA . See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
You will serve as a Production Controller in the Public Works Department, Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa of NAVAL FACILITIES ENG COMMAND ATLANTIC.
Above salary does not include locality pay. Locality pay adjustment will be determined by duty location once a selection has been made.
This position is a 100% TDY position at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa.
- Use MAXIMO to analyze project data and work requirements.
- Follow progress of PWD work including tracking and monitoring the status and completion of work.
- Submits funding documents to clients to acquire funds.
- Ensure all material and support contract actions are completed, processed and documented, when corrective maintenance projects or other non-recurring scope type work is performed and completed.
- Monitors all job order numbers and project packages to ensure they are correct and funded properly.
- Monitors estimated versus actual job progress and completion, materials status, authorizes variances and equipment utilization.
- Inputs data into business applications system (e.g., Maximo, MS Project, etc) via computer.
- Provides Maximo and other recurring related financial information to product line managers, PW managers, and various customers.
- Runs the Work Induction Board (WIB) to ensure work is properly inducted into PWD.
- Serves as point of contact for PW clients, supervisors, buyers, contract specialists, construction specialists, and vendors.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in limited circumstances where an exception is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Work Environment: Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa is located in a harsh environmental setting with adverse weather conditions for many months of the year (excessive heat, humidity, and rain) and working in areas populated by poisonous snakes, plants, and/or insects, and contagious diseases and poor air quality, chemical handling areas, and damp and unheated spaces. The work may require extensive work shifts of 12-16 hours a day and more than a 5 day workweek. Generally, indoor work location has power, water, heating and air conditioning, although outages should be expected. The incumbent will be required to live on the camp, where living quarters are a container living unit (CLU), which may be very cramped with the requirement to share bathroom facilities. Initial living quarters may be a tent. Fatigue may occur from long work hours and uncomfortable living conditions.
The position may be required to provide immediate contingency support requiring a physical and immunizations deemed necessary for the environment in which this support is provided.
Incumbent is entitled to 25% Post Differential pay.
Potential benefits for working in Djibouti: Ability to gain international work experience
Professional development by working in an area at the forefront of construction and community growth
High potential for overtime pay
Local Market Supplement (based on parent command location)
Imminent Danger Pay – $225/month (first 42 days)
Post Differential Allowance – currently 25% of base pay (beginning day 43+)
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy’s Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating in the highly qualified category (score 85) or higher. ICTAP candidates must provide copies of all of the following documentation at the time of application: 1) agency notice; 2) most recent performance appraisal; and 3) most recent SF-50 or notification of personnel action that includes position, grade level, and duty location. Applicants who do not provide this documentation will not receive consideration as an ICTAP candidate. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/
Military Spouse Preference applicants will receive priority consideration at the Full Performance Level (FPL) and if determined to be Best Qualified at the FPL, and selected, must be placed at the FPL. A BQ military spouse possesses knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies comparable to others who meet the competitive referral criteria for the specific position.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- COMPUTER LITERACY
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- PRODUCTION CONTROL
- PRODUCTION PLANNING
- PRODUCTION SCHEDULING
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
You are required to provide documentation that supports the eligibility and qualification claims made in your resume and assessment questionnaire. You must submit the applicable documents listed here and those listed with the eligibilities you select in the announcement questionnaire with your application package. Applicants who do not provide supporting documentation that fully support their claims will not be referred to the hiring manager. Cover letter is optional.
A complete resume is required. Your resume must show relevant experience, job title, duties and accomplishments. Your resume must show complete information for each job entry to support minimum qualifications. The following information should be provided in your resume, but it is acceptable to provide elsewhere in your application package: employer’s name, starting and end dates (Mo/Yr), hours per week, and pay plan, series and grade level (e.g. GS-0201-09) for relevant federal experience.TIP: A good way to ensure you include all essential information is to use the Resume Builder in USAJOBS to create your resume.
Are you applying for a promotion? If you are a current GS employee applying for a higher grade than the grade that you currently hold you must provide an SF-50 that shows that you have held the next lower grade for at least one year. Some SF-50s effective within the last 52 weeks will not demonstrate you have held the next lower grade for at least one year (e.g. General Adjustment SF-50 from this year). In many cases, we need to see two (2) SF-50s to determine time-in-grade and eligibility for promotion. If you are a DoD employee, you can obtain a copy of your SF- 50(s) from MyBiz.
Are you claiming membership in any professional organizations, or possession of a license, certificate or credentials? Check the Conditions of Employment section above to see if any are required. If you claim membership, license, certification, or credentials, you must submit a copy of said document in your application package.
Are you using education as a substitute for some or all of the experience requirement? Is there a basic education requirement for this position? Check the Education section above to see what is allowed and what is required. Any claims you make in your resume or assessment questionnaire regarding education or degrees MUST be supported by submitting with your application official or unofficial transcripts or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned issued from your school. While unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial application, an official transcript will ultimately be required if you are selected for the position. You may submit a copy your degree(s) if specific coursework does not have to be verified.
Are you a veteran claiming 5-point veterans’ preference or claiming sole survivorship preference? You must submit a copy of your latest DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (any copy that shows all dates of service, as well as character of service [Honorable, General, etc.] is acceptable) OR a VA letter that shows dates of service or service connected disability AND character of service. If you have more than one DD-214 for multiple periods of active duty service, submit a copy for each period of service. If you were issued a DD-215 to amend aforementioned information on the DD-214 you must submit that too. If you are not sure of your preference eligibility, visit the Department of Labor’s website: Veterans’ Preference Advisor
Are you a disabled veteran or claiming 10-point veterans’ preference?
If you are eligible to claim 10 point veterans preference you must submit a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty as described above for 5-point preference.
You must also provide the applicable supporting documentation of your disability (e.g. disability letter from the VA) as described on Standard Form-15 (SF-15). http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf.
Are you an active duty service member? Active Duty Service Members are required to submit a statement of service printed on command letterhead and signed by the command. The statement of service must provide the branch of service, rate/rank, all dates of service, the expected date of discharge and anticipated character of service (Honorable, General, etc.).
Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents contain personal information such as SSN and DOB and some documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove said personal information before you submit your application. You must provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- SUPERVISORY INTERDISCIPLINARY (GENERAL ENGINEER/ARCHITECT) Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- SAFETY AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SPECIALIST Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- INTERDISCIPLINARY ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER/PHYSICAL SCIENTIST/NATURAL RESOURCES SPECIALIST Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- INTERDISCIPLINARY ENGINEER/ARCHITECT Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- CIVIL ENGINEER (STRUCTURAL) Jobs at Department of the Navy – Alameda, CA
- CONTRACTOR PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT SPECIALIST Jobs at Department of the Navy – Alameda, CA
- SUPERVISORY CONTRACT SPECIALIST Jobs at Department of the Navy – Alameda, CA
- CONTRACT SPECIALIST Jobs at Department of the Navy – Alameda, CA
See More: 1,000+ Government Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit secure.login.gov.