Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, USA – Apply for Project Engineer Intern, Global Engineering Services Amazon Jobs – Arlington, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1872063
Job Title: Project Engineer Intern.
Amazon is searching for innovative and solutions-oriented Engineering Interns to be a part of our North America initiative to develop and deliver next generation, world-class fulfillment systems.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
Amazon’s Global Engineering Services is seeking a part time intern (20 hours a week) during the academic year (February 2022-May 2022) followed by a full time 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2022.
Our Intern Project Engineers are agile with the ability to quickly adapt strategies, plans and solutions to affect dynamic business requirements. They will interface and drive various functional teams and all stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Open minds, customer focus, innovation empowerment, advanced technologies, team comradery, and drive our Regional Operations Engineering team to deliver the most advance fulfillment solutions in the world.
About the Program:
· The program is divided into a spring and summer term. The spring term is a part time internship from February 2022 – May 2022 (20 hours a week). The summer term is fulltime and lasts 10 weeks during the summer of 2022.
· The position is not a corporate role and will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other warehouse environment.
· This position will be in a construction and job trailer environment.
· Internship location is typically set by business need; however, we will also take candidate preference into consideration.
· Amazon offers great benefits, such as Competitive Salary and Relocation & Housing Assistance.
Up to 80% travel may be required to support Amazon’s installation sites throughout North America during the summer term.
· Drive resolution for an intern project by owning and deep diving for data to support a recommendation
· Assist in designing, building, improving, and innovating order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the large-scale supply chain network within Amazon’s North America Customer Fulfillment Project Engineering Team
· Support management, design, and implementation of medium scope integrated automation projects with system elements such as high speed sortation, multiple conveyors, package lines, and/or robotic work cells
· Guide and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout
· Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing
· Direct system commissioning and predefined testing activities, including administering the plan, interpreting statuses and reporting results
· Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment
· Thoroughly document/investigate FC change requests and provide recommendations
· Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures relating to material handling, processing and storage
· Ability to perform the following task, with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Stand and walk for up to 12 hours
· Walking in/around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Access all areas of building by ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely
· Must be pursuing a bachelors of engineering with a graduation date of June 2022 – June 2024
· Candidate must reside within a 45 mile radius from the site during the spring term.
· Must be able to relocate nationwide for the 10 week summer term (with Amazon assistance).
· A driver’s license is required due to the remote nature of many internship locations.
· Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts and overtime as required
· Must be able to bend, lift, stretch, and reach below the waist and above the head
· Must be able to lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
· Working towards a degree in Engineering Operations, Business Administration, or a related field
· Proven technical guidance for large-scale industrial engineering projects
· 1+ years Experience with implementation of integrated automation solutions, such as complex material handling systems, high speed packaging lines and manufacturing lines
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook
· Highly proficient CAD skills; capable of developing an integrated automation layout unassisted
· Exposure to Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Project Engineer Intern, Global Engineering Services Amazon Jobs – Fredericksburg, VA
- Project Engineer Intern, Global Engineering Services Amazon Jobs – San Antonio, TX
- Software Development Engineer – Amazon Astro Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Software Development Engineer, Seller Fulfillment Technologies Amazon Jobs – Washington
- Greenfield Campaign Manager Amazon Jobs – Virginia
- North America Business Operations Lead – Greenfield Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Air Permitting Engineer, AWS Environmental, Health, & Safety Compliance Amazon Jobs – Hermiston, OR area
- Air Permitting Engineer, AWS Environmental, Health, & Safety Compliance Amazon Jobs – Herndon Area, VA
- Sr. Program Manager, Fire TV Experience Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Software Development Engineer – Fire TV Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.