Proofreading jobs in North Carolina, USA. – Apply for Proofreader Job at Epiq – Charlotte, NC. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
It’s fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Responsible for review of legal and marketing documents as requested. Responsibilities for each type of document request are outlined below:
Legal Document Requirements/Responsibilities:
- Serve as a resource for all questions on grammar, spelling, and current usage;
- Proofread documents for errors in typing, spelling, grammar, syntax, punctuation and formatting;
- Knowledge of proofing marks and procedures;
- Update entries into the electronic job submission and workflow tracking system;
- Work overtime as required; and
- Handle additional document processing projects as assigned.
- Fundamental-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experienced in legal terminology and a variety of citation and brief formats used in legal work;
- Knowledge of current formats and citation protocols – The Chicago Manual of Style, The Bluebook and California Style Manual
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an expert level knowledge of English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation;
Marketing Document Requirements/Responsibilities:
- Proofreading internal and external marketing collateral i.e., brochures, pitch books, biographies etc.
- Performs proofreading tasks with a high degree of accuracy, eye for consistency and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain information in strictest confidence.
- Sound judgment and the ability to make common sense editing decisions.
- Copywriting experience helpful
- Experience with following and memorizing corporate brand guidelines.
- Knowledge of working with the AP style guide.
- Ability to take direction from designers and writers.
Skill And Work Experience Requirements.
- 3+ years proofreading experience; Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work through complex document markups and instructions in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to work overtime or change shift to accommodate Firm needs.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Maintenance Technician II Job at Avnet – Phoenix, AZ
- Maintenance Planner Job at Saputo Inc. – Belmont, WI
- Maintenance Specialist – Houston Galleria Job at Nordstrom – Houston, TX
- General Maintenance Assistant Job at Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. – Ormond Beach, FL
- Maintenance Tech 1 – Per Diem Job at The University of Vermont Medical Center – Burlington, VT
- Waste Water Treatment Technician Job at TTM Technologies – Chippewa Falls, WI
- Pet Waste Removal Technician Job at DoodyCalls Pet Waste Management – Northglenn, CO
- CDL-Waste Management Worker – $1,000 Sign on Bonus Job at Erickson Senior Living – Catonsville, MD
- Administrative Assistant II – Meters Job at Aqua – Springfield, PA
- Administrative Assistant( Part Time) Job at FleetPride – Harrisburg, PA
See More: 1,000+ Proofreading Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit epiqsystems.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.