Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. – Apply for Propulsion Manufacturing Technician Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1637770
Job Title: Propulsion Manufacturing Technician.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and under-served communities around the world.
A day in the life
Have you wanted an opportunity to develop electric propulsion systems for an advanced satellite constellation? The “Propulsion Manufacturing Technician” will work within the Kuiper propulsion team in assembling electric propulsion HW and carrying out process development tests.
About the hiring group
You will work with sub-system owners and manufacturing engineers to stand up processes beginning from definition and early planning stages through to production-use and continued improvements. You will assist with defining and refining work instructions associated with assemblies and sub-processes. You will contribute to finding solutions to challenging problems trading methodologies, schedule constraints and precision in implementing reliable manufacturing processes.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Assemble flight hardware.
· Test and develop assembly processes, providing feedback to manufacturing and sub-system engineers.
· Carry out sub-process development tests and generate resultant test reports.
· Commissioning facilities and processing equipment, including welding tools, inspection stations and high vacuum chambers.
· Re-work fixtures and development HW using in-house tools.
· Perform and/or coordinate propulsion manufacturing facility maintenance.
· 3+ years of working with HW assembly.
· 2+ years of following work instructions
· 2+ years of assembly fixture fabrication and commissioning
· 2+ years of process documentation in a production environment
· 2+ years of experience using HW inspection instrumentation
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent experience.
· Proficient with part machining for fixturing and re-work purposes.
· 3+ years of working with aerospace HW assembly.
· 1+ years of electrical cable assembly.
· Experience with hardware assembly in a production environment.
· Experience with test automation, data acquisition or test control SW.
· Experience with electric circuit re-work and assembly.
Other Related Jobs:
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.