Bakery jobs in New York State, USA – Apply for PT Bakery Sales Associate Jobs at Hannaford Supermarkets – Valatie, NY (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
PT Bakery Sales Associate
Address: USA-NY-Valatie-2967 Route 9
Store Code: Store 08364 Bakery (7247722)
Hannaford Supermarkets started out as a fresh produce vendor in Portland, Maine way back in 1883, and is still connected to those early roots as a local market. Hannaford actively seeks out farmers and producers to join our Local program which celebrates not only local foods, but the preservation of farmland, local traditions and local jobs. The connection we have to the source of our fresh foods is core to the way we do business, becoming the first major supermarket in the United States to document that all its seafood products were sustainably harvested.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
- Maintain a neat and well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with personal appearance policy.
- Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in training other associates when assigned and certified.
- Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
- Work within our company’s management planning guidelines to maintain productivity.
- Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
- Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect
- Develop product knowledge in all areas of Bakery Department (rolls, desserts, cakes, muffins, bagels, coffees, platters, etc.).
- Observe and maintain company’s sanitation and food safety standards.
- Prepare, proof, and bake product as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
- Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions.
- Perform repetitive grasping, pinching, squeezing, and hand/arm motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
- Lift up to 30 lbs. 40% of the time and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Reach to shoulder level or overhead on occasion while lifting up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
- Use their hands to operate controls and feel objects, and use tools to prepare products.
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
- Provide outstanding friendly customer service. Communicate with and assist customers in selection of product.
- Package and display products according to standard practice and our automated production program, taking customer demands into consideration
- Retrieve and organize bakery product loads.
- Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise, preparation of products or setting up displays, etc.
- Process merchandise properly, paying special attention to rotation of products according to prescribed standards.
- Maintain accurate, neat records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
- Wash, clean, and sanitize equipment in accordance with company guidelines.
- May be required to frost, base ice, and decorate all varieties of cakes. Personalize when necessary.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), age, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 225191_external_USA-NY-Valatie
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Bakery Team Member (Service Counter) – Part Time Jobs at Whole Foods Market – Raleigh, NC
- Bakery Team Member (Service Counter) – Full Time Jobs at Whole Foods Market – Glen Mills, PA (On-site)
- Bakery Order Writer (Buyer / Inventory Replenishment) Jobs at Whole Foods Market – Exton, PA (On-site)
- PT Bakery Sales Associate Jobs at Hannaford Supermarkets – Concord, NH (On-site)
- PT Bakery Sales Associate Jobs at Hannaford Supermarkets – Utica, NY (On-site)
- Bakery Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager) Jobs at Whole Foods Market – Tigard, OR (On-site)
- PT Bakery Sales Associate Jobs at Hannaford Supermarkets – South Burlington, VT (On-site)
- Bakery Cake Decorator – Full Time Jobs at Whole Foods Market – Boulder, CO (On-site)
- PT Bakery Sales Associate Jobs at Hannaford Supermarkets – Townsend, MA (On-site)
- Bakery Team Member (Service Counter) – Full Time Jobs at Whole Foods Market – Littleton, CO (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Bakery Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit aholddelhaizeapply.appvault.com.