Data Analyst jobs in Texas, USA – Apply for Public Health Data Analyst Job at IBM – Austin, TX. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Consultants in IBM’s Health and Human Services practice serve as trusted advisors to state and local governments throughout the United States. The Senior Analyst position will be responsible for providing analytics support and consulting services for Clients. Responsibilities include analyzing the effectiveness of our products and service offerings, profiling the behavior of our consumers, providing key metrics and benchmarks, and developing recommendations for improving Client processes. This position will work closely with team members responsible refining business process and data collection. The successful candidate for this position will have experience analyzing public health data for evidence of changes in utilization, closing of gaps in care, and claims cost savings. Candidate will present findings and share their expert opinion to Clients to drive new, innovative health policies and processes as well interpret data, analyze results using analytic techniques, and provide ongoing reports, especially using medical and pharmacy claims data. The Candidate will have the opportunity to steer programmatic decision making through policy and process strategy, organizational change management, system integration and implementation, and/or data analytics.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years’ Healthcare experience
- Desired Education: Advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate) in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Information Management, or other relevant field
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Statistical programming (ie, R [preferred], SAS, STATA, SPSS, etc.)
- Strategic communications and communications with state and local officials
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data to locate and correct code problems
- Understanding of and experience with analyzing healthcare claims data required
- Present findings in written and oral format to stakeholders, including company executives and external clients
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Business Intelligence Data Analyst Job at Trilyon, Inc. – Sunnyvale, CA
- Data Analyst Job at Wasabi Technologies – Boston, MA
- Data Analyst Job at The Bachrach Group – New York City Metropolitan Area
- Master Data Analyst Job at HARIBO of America, Inc. – Des Plaines, IL
- Marketing Associate, Events & Partnerships Job at PitchBook Data – Seattle, WA
- Marketing Manager Job at Juniper – New York City Metropolitan Area
- Market Development Manager Job at National Nail – Worcester, MA
- VP of Marketing Job at Method Recruiting – San Francisco Bay Area
- Marketing Coordinator Job at Mission Veterinary Partners – United States Remote
- IT Project Manager Job at Riverbed Technology – Austin, TX Remote
See More: 1,000+ Data Analyst Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.