Amazon Kuiper Manufacturing
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Quality Engineer, Project Kuiper Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1888808
Job Title: Quality Engineer.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
The Quality Engineer will serve to deploy processes to deliver aerospace grade quality at unprecedented scale, and assist in the development of quality requirements. The candidate will be a contributor to the Manufacturing Quality team, and have a background in Quality Engineering concepts, manufacturing and assembly processes for complex hardware, and a demonstrated ability to deliver projects on a tight deadline. The ideal candidate will deep dive on ambiguous problems, and develop standard operating procedures that deliver standard, efficient, high quality processes in a timely fashion to support the Kuiper build schedule.
Key job responsibilities
· Participate and contribute to Kuiper Quality activities, including process definition and validation, part and process qualification, receiving inspection, and metrics development.
· Participate in MRB discussions with Responsible Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and other stakeholders to determine product dispositions
· Participate in the Development and Launch of the Quality Management System with the Supplier Quality team for Project Kuiper, taking on targeted process development when needed
· Facilitate and actively lead root cause corrective action activities throughout the Project Kuiper Production System
· Develop and Qualify inspection and verification activities for the Kuiper Production System
· Develop monitoring mechanisms throughout the Kuiper Production system to ensure Quality Assurance.
· Represent the Manufacturing Quality Team in cross-functional initiatives.
· Work directly with Kuiper Receiving Inspection, Supplier Quality, and Engineering teams on appropriate inspection and test methodologies, failure resolution, and necessary corrective actions
· Develop quality mechanisms that ensure high-yield parts and processes, and scale with the production system.
· Perform internal audits.
· Work closely with Global Process Owners to ensure the Kuiper ERP and MES systems and business process meet and support Quality System requirements
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
· Participates in product development teams as a representative for quality system requirements
· Investigates Production System issues to reduce defect rates and drive root cause corrective actions
· Audits and iterates on quality system mechanisms to ensure they are performing efficiently
· Partners with cross-functional groups to develop and qualify internal production processes.
· Consults with teams to promote quality control for received and manufactured parts.
· Takes ownership to develop automation to increase the efficiency of quality processes.
· Perform and reporting audits across the Kuiper Production System
· Performing Inspection activities to support schedule.
About the team
The Kuiper Manufacturing Quality team is driven to develop a Kuiper Quality System that is capable of scaling aerospace quality to new volume and cost levels to meet end customer needs. This position will join the team at an exciting moment, with an opportunity to own quality system development from the ground up, and contribute to the development of processes and systems used across the business. We value data driven decision making, a comfort with dealing in ambiguous situations, and an ability to dive deep to solve problems.
· Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
· 4+ years of experience in hardware engineering, manufacturing, or operations throughout a production lifecycle development.
· 2+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer with large manufacturing & assembly of complex products in an aerospace, automotive, or consumer manufacturing environment.
· Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
· 2+ years working within an AS9100 or IATF16949 certified quality system
· ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
· AS9100 Lead Auditor Certified
· Exceptional written and verbal communication, ability to present and explain design and defect data, metrics, process quality, improvement initiatives and status to stakeholders.
· Experience with hands-on inspection or utilizing calibrated inspection tools, as well as other metrology equipment (CMM, Romer, 3D Scanning, etc..)
· Experience operating ERP, MES, PLM systems, preferably within SAP and Siemens platforms.
· Experience designing, releasing and optimizing inspection, test, and manufacturing systems at scale.
· Experience participating in Material Review Boards (MRBs) and dispositioning nonconforming material.
· Experience performing failure analysis and root cause corrective action activities
· Experience developing, performing, and maintaining FMEAs, DoEs, FAIs, PPAPs, and APQP methodologies.
· Experience performing Quality Audits.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Cat. Sourcing Manager – EE, Project Kuiper SPACE PROGRAM Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Satellite Test Engineer, Satellite Integration & Test Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Network Development Manager Amazon Jobs – Cupertino, California
- HR Business Partner I Amazon Jobs – Reno Area, Nevada
- Sr Learning Exp Designer, OpsTech & IT Learning & Development Team Amazon Jobs – Stone Mountain, GA
- Failure Analysis Engineer – Seattle Product Integrity Center of Excellence (SPICE) Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Manager, AWS SageMaker Canvas Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Enterprise Account Engineer III – 59775-2 Amazon Jobs – San Diego, California
- Enterprise Account Engineer III – 64019-2 Amazon Jobs – Portland, Oregon
- Cloud Support Engineer II (Linux) – 63424-2 Amazon Jobs – Portland, Oregon
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.