Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States. – Apply for Rack Decom Datatech Amazon Jobs – Herndon Area, VA. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1617442
Job Title: Rack Decom Datatech
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Rack Decommissioning Data Technician to join our growing team. The Decommissioning Technical team is responsible for processing and facilitating large scale legacy Data Center equipment through a liquidation process to ensure that targeted equipment is ready to be removed from our facilities. Team members will also process large volumes of media containing customer data to ensure that all customer data is sanitized and protected.
You will work in a team environment collaborating with other teams, which requires strong communication skills. Amazon Data Centers treat customer data with the utmost importance; selected candidates must be able to perform repetitive tasks without variance and adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensure customer data is protected and handled properly.
· Processing legacy hardware out of the data center facilities
· Moving large enterprise equipment
· Lift up to 49 lbs and participate in team lifts of 50+ lbs
· Hard drive removal and destruction
· Creating/attaching labels and barcodes
· Updating progress through a web ticketing system
· Documenting procedures
· Escalating concerns to senior technicians and managers as needed/required
· Work with basic PC components and hardware:
o HDD/SSD/Flash/Removable storage media
o Ram/CPU/Motherboard/Input-Output devices
Basic Qualifications: · Must be at least 18 years old · High School Diploma or equivalent · 6 + Months of Experience in an IT role or relevant experience
Preferred Qualifications: · 1+ years’ data center experience · 1+ years’ experience with Linux based trouble shooting such as firmware flashes and bios configurations · 1+ years’ experience with a ticketing system · Industry standard certifications (CompTIA, Cisco, etc.) · Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role · Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
- U.S. Corporate Counsel (Competition) Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- IT Support Engineer I Amazon Jobs – West Deptford, NJ
- Sr. Product Manager – Tech Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, California
- Marketing Project Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Software Development Manager Amazon Jobs – Dallas/Fort Worth Area, TX
- Sr. Program Manager, Customer Experience Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. Technical Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Finance Manager – AWS Sales and Services Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA
- Sr. UX Researcher Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.