Department of Veterans Affairs
Government jobs in Wyoming, USA – Apply for Registered Nurse – OCA (Sheridan, WY VAHCS Employees Only) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Afton, WY. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
This announcement is an open continuous announcement for internal employees of the facility only. This announcement will serve as meeting the requirement of Article 61 of the AFGE contract. This will allow employees to have first consideration for positions within the facility and promote a fair and equitable opportunity for career and skill enhancement. This Open Continuous Announcement will serve as the only notice of these potential vacancies within these nurse ‘specialty’ areas.
NOTE: Resumes will only be referred to the hiring manager for consideration as vacancies occur. Please identify your desired position within the questionnaire as you apply.
This posting is for Registered Nurses interested in positions within the Sheridan VAHCS. Including:
- Acute Medical Unit
- Acute Psychiatric Unit
- Community Base Outpatient Clinic (Gillette, Casper, Cody, Riverton, Rock Springs)
- Community Living Center
- Home Based Primary Care
- Inpatient Nursing Float Pool
- Mental Health Residential Rehab
- Outreach Clinic (Afton)
- Primary Care Clinic (Sheridan)
- Telehealth Outreach Clinic (Worland, Evanston)
- Urgent Care
The primary responsibilities of this Registered Nurse may vary by assignment. Those duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provide population specific and age-specific care for patients from young adulthood to older veterans/groups in the senior years of life.
- Manage a defined but dynamic caseload of patients in collaboration with an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Initiate, plan, implement, evaluate, and appropriately document patient care based on identified measurable outcomes in the applicable assigned patient care environment.
- Anticipate and respond appropriately to emergencies, coordinate interventions, and evaluate responses through critical analysis of patient systems/operational situations.
- Initiate and lead individuals or groups through the educational process to optimize health. Monitor and document all applicable clinical reminders and performance measure outcomes timely and appropriately.
- Use Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS) and Bar Code Medication Administration (BCMA) documentation in compliance with designated facility programs.
- Implement the National Patient Safety Goals to support positive outcomes for the patient group.
- May provide direct supervision and be assigned as a preceptor to new or less experienced staff or nursing students.
Work Schedule: A variety of work schedules are available; Varies per Service Line/Department/Unit and position
Compressed/Flexible: May be available per Unit Policy
Telework: May be available per Unit Policy
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP)
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Personnel
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- English Language Proficiency. In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Preferred Experience: Current VA Experience
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I – An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II – An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor’s degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III – An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master’s degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II – A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year’s of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master’s degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year’s of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III – Master’s degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year’s of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree and approximately 2-3 year’s of nursing practice/experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling, and pushing. Transferring patients and objects may be required. Mechanical inpatient lifts are provided. The incumbent may be exposed to infected patients and contaminated materials and may be required to don protective clothing in isolation situations, operative/invasive procedures, or home settings. The incumbent may occasionally be exposed to patients who are combative secondary to delirium, dementia, or psychiatric disorders. The incumbent must be a mature, flexible, sensible individual capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on patient needs. Must complete annual Employee Health requirements, such as annual TB screening or testing, as a condition of employment. The incumbent who provides care in home settings or other off-site locations may be required to drive and/or ride in GSA-vehicles.
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.
Testing Designated Position: All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time Nurses, and Nurse Anesthetists at the rate of 8 hours for each full biweekly pay period.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health-related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. Your application, résumé, C.V., and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
NOTE: Candidate’s education, scope, and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
Experience as an RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Veterans’ Preference Note: Preference eligible candidates and other Veterans will be given preference when qualification of candidates are approximately equal for Title 38 positions in VHA. When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), 10pt (CP/CPS/XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP) in the questionnaire. You must provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) which shows dates and character of service (honorable, general, etc.). If you are currently serving on active duty and expect to be released or discharged within 120 days you must submit documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), and dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 “Application for 10 Point Veteran Preference” with required proof as stated on the form. Documentation is required to award preference. For more information on Veterans’ Preference, please visit Feds Hire Vets – Veterans – Job Seekers – Veterans’ Preference.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
VA Form 10-2850a – Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists can be found at: https://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-091998-fill.pdf.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50’s (current/former Federal employees), etc.
- VA FORM 10-2850a APPLICATION FOR NURSES AND NURSE ANESTHETISTS
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- PURCHASING AGENT Jobs at Department of the Navy – Keyport, WA
- Explosives Handler Jobs at Department of the Army – Crane, IN
- Biological Scientist (Environmental) Jobs at Department of the Air Force – Gunter AFB, AL
- Lead Contract Specialist Jobs at Legislative Branch – Washington, DC
- Physician (Hospitalist) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Leavenworth, KS
- Physician (Thoracic Surgery) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Kansas City, MO
- Pulmonary Critical Care Physician Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Johnson City, TN
- Physician – Psychiatrist Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Albany, NY
- Transportation Security Officer (TSO) Jobs at Department of Homeland Security – Missoula, MT
- Contract Specialist Jobs at Department of Justice – Washington, DC
See More: 1,000+ Government Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit secure.login.gov.