Department of Veterans Affairs
Government jobs in Texas, USA – Apply for Rehabilitation Technician Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Bonham, TX. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Serve as an active member of the Bonham Interdisciplinary Team providing direct care to individual veterans and veterans groups through continuous observation, reporting, documentation, educational group efforts, and follow-up with regard to the security, health, safety, and support of treatment efforts of clinical staff in the veteran’s daily activities.
This vacancy will remain open until filled. The first cut-off date is October 15, 2021. Additional applications will be referred as needed.
The duties of the Rehabilitation Technician for the Bonham Domiciliary Interdisciplinary Team includes but is not limited to:
- Performs wide-ranging healthcare maintenance assistance, safety and security support functions.
- Performs admit/intake/orientation functions for newly arrived veterans to the Domiciliary.
- Accompanies individual/groups of veterans to assigned groups, activities, medical appointments throughout Sam Rayburn Medical Center and Bonham Domiciliary.
- Responds to emergency contingencies in first responder role throughout Domiciliary (i.e. Emergency Codes; veteran disruptions; physical plant malfunctions); assuming temporary initial control over situations affecting safety and security of veteran population and their environment.
- Conducts continual and routine safety/security/cleanliness inspections of individual veteran rooms and Domiciliary common areas; documenting discrepancies and initiating work orders.
- Supports medical personnel through specimen collections, BT3, and securing of unattended medication.
- Gathers and provides information to the interdisciplinary team pertinent to assessment and treatment planning.
- Through 24/7 observation, interaction, and documentation, directs and supports the veteran in an effort to achieve developed and stated treatment goals; reporting to interdisciplinary treatment team members information of significance which either positively or negatively affect treatment goals and/or safety, health, or security efforts of the facility.
- Documents findings in CPRS medical records, Domiciliary Team Logs, Reports of Contacts, and/or Records of Patient Conduct in order to relay observations of significance.
- Facilitates daily/weekly individual and/or group sessions utilizing appropriate skills to achieve the veteran’s treatment goals for obtaining their baseline or highest level of functioning.
- Uses guided rehabilitation strategies and supports the veteran through their personal growth, accepting responsibility for maladaptive behavior, gaining insight into medical psychiatric and substance abuse problems, developing improved health maintenance behaviors, and clarifying alternatives for positive independence in the habilitation/rehabilitation process of the veteran.
Work Schedule: Rotating Shift 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Rehabilitation Technician/PD549-0748-A
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to background/security investigation
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Participation in the seasonal influenza and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Vaccination programs are requirements for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP)
Time-In-Grade Requirement: Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement. For a GS-6 position you must have served 52 weeks at the Gs-5. The grade may have been in any occupation, but must have been held in the Federal service. An SF-50 that shows your time-in-grade eligibility must be submitted with your application materials. If the most recent SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you possess one-year time-in-grade, as required by the announcement. In this instance, you must provide an additional SF-50 that clearly demonstrates one-year time-in-grade.
Note: Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment.
You may qualify based on your experience and/or education as described below
Minimal Requirements (Individual Occupational Requirements):.
- Specialized Experience (for positions at GS-4 and above): Experience that involved the observation of and assistance in the application of techniques relating to behavior, capacities, traits, interests, and activities of either humans or, under laboratory conditions, animals. Experience may have been gained in connection with a program of research or direct services in psychology that gave a practical understanding of some of the principles, methods, and techniques of psychology needed to assist professional psychologists.
Specialized Experience: For a Rehabilitation Technician at the GS-6 level, you must have at least (1) One year of specialized experience at the GS-5 level that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA’s) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled which includes the following:
- Exercises initiative to resolve problems and deviations in work assignments in accordance with instructions, policy, training.
- Provides education sessions in an insightful and cooperative manner consistent with clinical treatment directives.
- Interacts with interdisciplinary treatment teams on treatment plan development, implementation and progress review.
- Responds to various emergencies in first responder role: fire; weather; external threat; medical; disruption staff and/or patient.
- Performing continuous safety/security/cleanliness rounding of patient living and community areas to ensure safe environment for patient care.
Education: Graduate education or an internship meets the specialized experience required above GS-5 only in those instances where it is directly related to the work of the position.
You will be rated on the following Competencies for this position:
- Critical Thinking
- Technical Competence
- Forward Thinking
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
The work requires regularly walking through the 65,000 sq. ft. Domiciliary facility, with additional walking requirements throughout the remainder of the medical center to facilitate patient programming, meetings, training, and other administrative tasks as may be required. Walking the exterior of the Domiciliary facility is necessary for security rounds. Occasional lifting, carrying, and pushing of moderately heavy items such as boxes and/or carts weighing up to 301bs.
- Moderate lifting, 15-44 pounds
- Moderate carrying, 15-44 pounds
- Pushing (3 hours)
- Reaching above shoulder
- Use of fingers
- Both hands required
- Walking (3 hours)
- Standing (3 hours)
- Repeated bending (3 hours)
- Climbing, legs only (3 hours)
- Both legs required
- Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously
- Both eyes required
- Depth perception
- Hearing (aid may be permitted)
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management’s website at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education
NOTE: If your school has changed names, or is no longer in existence, you must provide this information in your application.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provide eligible displaced Federal/VA competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit appropriate documentation (a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location) and be found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well-qualified: applicants must possess experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the required competencies of the job. Information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
Placement Policy: The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members.
For more information on the “Who may apply” eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Narrative responses are not required at this time. If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.Your resume and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
Clarification of the required documents:
- CV / Resume (Required): Resume must include how to contact you, descriptions of jobs held including the name and address of the employer, job title, description of duties, beginning and ending date, (month and year) of employment, and average hours worked per week.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50’s (current/former Federal employees), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
- Cover Letter
- Other Application Documentation
- Other (2)
- Other (3)
- Professional Certification
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action (if applicable for Time in Grade and/or Eligibility):
- Most recent SF-50 if you are a current or former Federal employee
- An SF-50 showing your time-in-grade eligibility must be submitted with your application materials. If the most recent SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you possess one-year time-in-grade, as required by the announcement. In this instance, you must provide an additional SF-50 that clearly demonstrates one-year time-in-grade
- Award 50’s do not provide sufficient information and will not be accepted for the purpose of verifying time-in-grade.
- Examples of appropriate SF-50’s include:
- Within grade increases at the highest grade held; or
- Promotions with an effective date more than one year old; or
- SF-50’s at the highest grade held with an effective date more than one year old.
Veterans’ Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), 10pt (CP/CPS/XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP) in the questionnaire. You must provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) which shows dates and character of service (honorable, general, etc.). If you are currently serving on active duty and expect to be released or discharged within 120 days you must submit documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), and dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 “Application for 10 Point Veteran Preference” with required proof as stated on the form. Documentation is required to award preference. For more information on Veterans’ Preference, please visit Feds Hire Vets – Veterans – Job Seekers – Veterans’ Preference.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- SUPPLY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Title 32) Jobs at Department of the Air Force – Agency Wide – Scott AFB, IL
- Computer Scientist Jobs at Department of the Air Force – Gunter AFB, AL
- Contract Specialist Jobs at Department of the Army – Rock Island, IL
- Management and Program Analyst, (1 Year Roster), NTE 1 Year, MBE, MBP Jobs at Department of the Treasury – Austin, TX
- Supervisory Pharmacist Jobs at Department of Health And Human Services – Whiteriver, AZ
- Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Dallas, TX
- Podiatrist (Internal to El Paso VA Employees Only) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – El Paso, TX
- Supervisory Health Technician (Paramedic) Jobs at Department of Health And Human Services – Kyle, SD
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Patient Aligned Care Team) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Anderson, SC
- Health Technician (Paramedic) Jobs at Department of Health And Human Services – Kyle, SD
See More: 1,000+ Government Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit secure.login.gov.