Research jobs in Virginia, USA – Apply for Research Specialist Jobs at UVA Health – Charlottesville, VA (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
language arts classrooms.
Research Specialist Intermediate employees help develop, design, and conduct one or more research projects of increasing size and complexity. They oversee day-to-day operation of projects and/or specialized research areas to ensure work meets the objectives of the Principal Investigators . They are distinguished from a Research Specialist employees by advanced expertise, greater independent decision-making, and increased complexity of work. They are generally active in the writing and editing process. They may present findings at conferences and meetings.
The Department of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education in the School of Education and Human Development at University of Virginia is seeking highly qualified applicants for a Research Specialist position. Work focuses on two studies of how neural networks can be used to identify teaching and learning activities in videos of elementary mathematics and reading/language arts classrooms.
Specific duties include:
- Annotating instructional videos using video data and transcripts of audio data;
- Helping to coordinate the work of other annotators;
- Helping to refine the project’s annotation tools;
- Attending research team meetings;
- Contributing to analysis of the accuracy and efficiency of different neural networks in identifying instructional activities;
- Preparing for a data science competition;
- Helping co-write manuscripts for publication.
Incumbents will also receive support and mentoring in ways to improve research skills and responsible research practices. Project work begins the summer or fall of 2023 and individuals are expected to begin work in the August/September timeframe. Work will go through August 2024 with the possibility of continuing for an additional 9 to 12 months (through May or August 2025).
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: At least 3 years of relevant experience. Master’s degree will be considered in lieu of experience.
- Master’s degree in psychology, instructional technology, educational policy, or a related field, must be conveyed by the start date of the position.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Analytic skills
- K-12 teaching or tutoring experience
- Experience analyzing K-12 instructional videos
- Knowledge of/expertise in instructional technology
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Application Instructions: Please apply through Workday (https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs) and complete an application online. Include the following documents:
- A CV/resume
- A Cover letter
All documents can be loaded into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Initial review of resumes will begin on February 1, 2023.
For questions about the application process, please contact Margaret Weeks, Academic Recruiter at [email protected] . Before a formal offer of employment is extended, the selected candidate will undergo a background check per university policy. This is a restricted position.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Other Related Jobs:
- Research Manager Jobs at Eastridge Workforce Solutions – Lincoln, RI (Hybrid)
- Research Assistant Jobs at Volunteers of America Los Angeles – Los Angeles, CA (On-site)
- Research Assistant III – Cancer Jobs at Houston Methodist – Houston, TX (On-site)
- Research Assistant, Emory College of Arts and Sciences Jobs at Emory University – Atlanta, GA (On-site)
- Research Assistant- RI Vaccines & Immunizations Kapoo Jobs at Nationwide Children’s Hospital – Columbus, OH (On-site)
- Research Assistant – Anatomy and Cell Biology (Engelhardt Lab) Jobs at University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA (On-site)
- Research Assistant (Per Diem) Jobs at Boston Medical Center (BMC) – Boston, MA
- Research Assistant II Jobs at Boston Children’s Hospital – Boston, MA (On-site)
- Research Assistant II – Mouse Jobs at MD Anderson Cancer Center – Houston, TX (On-site)
- Research Assistant Jobs at Atrium Health – Charlotte, NC (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Research Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
Link to Apply
To apply for this job please visit uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.