Chemistry jobs in Massachusetts, USA – Apply for Scientist – Medicinal Chemistry Jobs at MilliporeSigma – Billerica, MA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Serono in Billerica, MA is seeking a Scientist who will contribute to the achievement of drug discovery project goals through the synthesis of target molecules by applying modern organic synthetic methods and following best medicinal chemistry practices.
- Develop and execute routes for the synthesis of target molecules, as well as troubleshoot reactions and multistep reaction sequences with no input from supervisors
- Contribute ideas for new molecules based on SAR/SPR analysis, structural information, HTS, fragment screening results, literature reports or other information
- Assume responsibility for a piece of laboratory equipment by maintaining it and facilitating use by other scientists
- Bring in innovative technologies directed at improving the group’s synthetic chemistry abilities
- Contribute to internal presentations with project team by presenting experimental results, conclusions, and future clearly and concisely. May also be responsible for individually presenting project within the department and internally outside the department.
- May assist on externalization of target synthesis to CROs by making suggestions on synthetic routes and suggesting molecules through target chemist
- Maintain close collaboration with fellow chemists in a team environment that is focused on achieving success towards common goals
- Mining chemical and other scientific literature including patents, also contribute experimental procedures to be included in patent applications
- Maintain cleanliness in own work area and communal work areas
- Ensure that the company’s intellectual property is fully protected by keeping detailed experimental procedures in laboratory notebooks according to company policy
- Follow safe laboratory practices and comply with EHS, safety officers, and delegates to ensure that the laboratory is a safe environment, also recognize potential safety problems and rectify them.
Who you are:
- PhD in Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or related Science discipline OR
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or related Science discipline with 4+ years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech company OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, or related Science discipline with 10+ years in a pharmaceutical or biotech company.
- PhD with Postdoctoral research or 1+ years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Previous experience in small molecule protein degradation research
- Working/developing knowledge of drug discovery disciplines (biology, safety, DMPK, modeling, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of synthetic chemistry concepts and the ability to apply creative solutions to solve synthetic challenges efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to design molecules with improved drug-like properties that lead to project progression
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, effective use of time, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Patent Agent (Engineering/Chemistry) Jobs at McGuireWoods LLP – Tysons Corner, VA
- Manager, Quality Control Chemistry – Nationwide Jobs at Cardinal Health – Illinois, United States Remote
- QC Chemist Jobs at Scientific Search – Philadelphia, PA
- Chemist (Entry) Jobs at Rose International – Myerstown, PA
- Analytical Chemistry Scientist Jobs at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories – Lake Forest, IL
- Product Sales Executive (Chemistry /Immunoassay) Jobs at Beckman Coulter Diagnostics – Harrisonburg, VA
- Chemical Manufacturing Associate I Jobs at Nanosys – Milpitas, CA
- Chemical Process Engineer Jobs at Ashland – Texas City, TX
- Network Engineer Jobs at Apptad Inc – Tallahassee, FL
- Senior Network Engineer Jobs at Super Systems Inc (SSI) – Virginia Beach, VA
See More: 1,000+ Chemistry Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.