Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Massachusetts, USA – Apply for SDE II – Alexa AI, NU Automation Platform Amazon Jobs – Cambridge, MA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2170120
Job Title: SDE II.
Are you interested in building the next generation AI based automation for Alexa? Our team is in the early phases of building the NextGen Automation for Alexa NU (Natural understanding). We are building automation infrastructure that leverages cutting-edge serverless and distributed cloud technology to support billions of customer interactions. We are also inventing new ways to build AI based intelligent automation and self-learning capabilities for Alexa with the use of state-of-the-art algorithms, which will help in bringing Alexa AI’s vision of the “age of self” to fruition. You can read more about Alexa AI’s vision of the “age of self” in the article by Prem Natarajan, Vice President, Alexa AI – https://lnkd.in/dD2TyvNX. Come join us to help Alexa AI enter into the “age of self”.
Alexa’s AI platform provides ML building blocks to build premier conversational experiences for millions of customers. We believe speech to be a pervasive and superior mode of interacting with automated systems and are committed to maintaining our industry-leading position in this space. Our mission is to empower all external stakeholders to extend Alexa’s magical experience with innovative applications across domains. For supporting the growth of our rapidly expanding third party eco-system, we are building ML stack to offer state-of-the-art abstractions to developers, so they can deliver immersive voice experiences with ease. Our stack leverages innovative ML algorithms and datasets to build and train 1P and 3P application models to achieve best-in-class accuracy and recognition rates. To accomplish this, we work closely with some of the best ML Research and Applied Scientists in the field.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core products that enable Alexa feature expansion. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
Our engineers are self-motivated and customer-focused individuals with a good instinct for developing software services with forward looking APIs. These skills help us define the leading edge for elegant, super-scalable ML services for Alexa. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience. The person should have a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems using C++/Java in a Linux/Unix environment. An ideal candidate should enjoy working on complex system software, be customer-centric, and feel passionate not only about building great software but about making that software achieve its goals as an owner of one of Amazon’s flagship services. If you have a flair for innovation and passion for solving some of the most challenging problems in the industry, we need you!
Key job responsibilities
• Design, implement, and deploy software components and features. Employ a strong understanding of design approaches (and how to best use them).
• Work independently and with your team to deliver software successfully.
• Deliver work that is of a high quality (e.g., secure, testable , maintainable, low-defects, efficient, etc.) and incorporates best practices.
• Ensure that code reviews are rapid and uneventful. You provide useful code reviews for changes submitted by others.
• Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve your team’s software, making it better and easier to maintain.
• Make improvements to your team’s development and testing processes.
• Establish good working relationships with peers. You recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
• Confidently train new team-mates about your customers, what your team’s software does, how it is constructed, tested, operates, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
About the team
NU Automation Platform team within Alexa AI Organization is responsible for building automation infrastructure for Alexa NU (Natural understanding). Our Team’s mission is to build robust and intelligent AI based automation that will enable Alexa to self-learn with minimal involvement from humans.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
- Software Dev Engineer – Amp Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Product Manager, Seller Fulfillment Service Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, WA
- Amazon Fresh Store Zone Lead- Long Beach, CA (Full Time) Amazon Jobs – Long Beach, CA
- Sr TPM, Amazon Advertising Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Sr. Software Dev Engineer, EBS Amazon Jobs – Boston, MA
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon Lex, AWS Lex Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Applied Scientist, India Machine Learning – Seattle office Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Planning Analyst, Recruiting Planning & Analysis Amazon Jobs – New York City, NY
- Software Development Engineer , SDE II, SGM Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Software Development Engineer – Andes Catalog, BDT Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.