Secretary jobs in Ohio, USA – Apply for Secretary – Family Practice Jobs at Cleveland Clinic – Akron, OH (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Under the supervision of the Practice Manager, the Secretary, Partners Physician Group, coordinates the patient flow through various steps of the patient visit in a manner which is efficient and professional, and provides clerical assistance to the physician. The Secretary, Partners Physician Group, greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors; serves as a liaison between patient and physician.
- Verifies patient demographic and billing information while scheduling appointments and obtaining referral information.
- Answers the telephone promptly and courteously, screens calls, takes messages, provides information, and follows up on patient issues in a timely manner.
- Determines patient needs and concerns regarding medical problems, appointments, tests and medications.
- Coordinates appointments and meetings for physicians.
- Acts as a liaison and processes forms for outside agencies such as drug companies, hospitals, nursing services and pharmacies.
- Updates the electronic medical record according to EPIC guidelines. Scans lab, test and procedure results into EPIC as directed.
- Schedules patient appointments, diagnostic testing and procedures ordered by the physician.
- Insures that appropriate referrals and precertifications/authorizations are obtained and entered correctly into the EMR.
- Coordinates patient care activities relating to hospital admissions. Coordinates physician surgery and/or procedure scheduling at hospitals and ambulatory centers.
- Under the supervision of the physician, communicates with patients and pharmacies over the telephone regarding medications.
- Collects copays and account balances and accurately enters these into the practice management software (CORE). Balances (CORE) daily.
- Works with physician, receptionist, coding coordinator, and/or billing department to resolve patient inquiries and billing and/or coding questions.
- Reviews EPIC work queues daily and processes changes/corrections as required.
- Sorts and delivers mail, medical records, and other correspondence as needed.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or the equivalent. Completion of Medical Assistant training or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred but not required.
Complexity of Work:
- Excellent written verbal and telephone communication skills.
- Competent with computer software including practice management systems and windows applications.
- Medical terminology and one year work experience in medical office setting preferred.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Other Related Jobs:
- Secretary (Partial Remote) Jobs at Jobot – Irvine, CA
- Unit Secretary Jobs at VCU Health – Richmond, VA (On-site)
- Unit Secretary TELE FT Days Spring Hill Jobs at Community Health Systems – Spring Hill, FL (On-site)
- Unit Secretary – Labor & Delivery Jobs at Ascension – Nashville, TN (On-site)
- Unit Secretary, Per Diem, Weekends Jobs at Select Medical – Marlton, NJ (On-site)
- Unit Secretary Jobs at MedStar Health – Baltimore, MD (On-site)
- Unit Secretary Jobs at Ascension – Pensacola, FL (On-site)
- Program Secretary – Behavioral Health Services – Kingston 1.0 FT D Jobs at Community Health Systems – Kingston, PA (On-site)
- Legal Secretary Jobs at Robert Half – Fayetteville, AR (On-site)
- Legal Secretary Jobs at Robert Half – Century City, California, United States (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Secretary Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
Link to Apply
To apply for this job please visit ccf.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.