Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in United States – Apply for Security Risk Manager, PeopleTech Security Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2291190
Job Title: Security Risk Manager.
At Amazon, we are obsessed with earning customer trust. The PeopleTech Security team enables our business leaders to maintain customer trust by keeping systems and their underlying employee, contingent worker, applicant, and candidate data secure.
PeopleTech Security is looking for a passionate, innovative, and results-oriented Security Risk Program Manager to focus on building and executing information security programs. If you enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment, and influencing the strategic direction of a large global organization, this position is for you. In this role you will develop new or improved risk register, drive risk assessments, risk reporting (Monthly and Quarterly cadence) and mitigation strategies. You will engage cross-functionally (legal, business, compliance, product and engineering teams) and partner with other risk management teams to strategize and effectively rally support for your initiatives. You will implement new programs/initiatives, and the development of new systems that support the business. Most importantly, you will own a number of key programs that include our monthly status updates (called MBRs), monthly metrics reporting, goal setting, budgeting resource planning, annual operational planning (OP), security training & awareness program and maintain our team wiki.
To be an ideal candidate, you are motivated by a highly creative and dynamic culture where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is welcome. You will have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, write effectively, and display strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You must also be able to build strong cross-functional working relationships at all levels and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Key job responsibilities
• Owning and maintaining the security risk program processes, procedures and mechanisms for identifying, tracking, and reporting risks, mitigations and impacts.
• Performing security risk assessments to identify gaps, providing recommendations and driving the gaps to mitigation.
• Operationalizing new strategic security programs by making them efficient, scalable and reliable.
• Developing, implementing and iterating on risk management and program management procedures, frameworks and metrics to achieve business goals with defined success criteria.
• Defining and reporting on program health and success metrics.
• Assisting with defining, launching and optimizing team goals and strategic initiatives to meet the rapid growth of business.
• Driving operational cadences, such as monthly and quarterly risk reporting, monthly and quarterly business reviews and operational planning to improve alignment on budgets, headcount and ongoing initiatives.
• Managing preparation, agenda and following up actions for forward-looking business plans. Anticipating the needs of your business and proactively developing new plans as needed.
• Communicating effectively at multiple levels, building trusting relationships across organizations, and demonstrating discretion with sensitive information.
• Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of Risk Management experience.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in Security Program Management.
• Demonstrated experience with stakeholder management, project management, and leading through influence.
• Understanding of information security and risk frameworks, and compliance requirements.
• Ability to navigate ambiguity to solve problems and deliver successfully with attention to detail.
• Experience with Excel and program management tools with the ability to conduct analysis of complex data and translate results into actionable deliverables, messages and documents.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information to leaders (senior manager level and above).
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Familiarity with relevant identity-oriented standards, such as NIST800-63 and ISO 27000 series.
• Possess an understanding of core information security principles and associated risk management principles.
• Strong customer focus, ownership, sense of urgency and drive.
• Passion to make things better and resourceful, solutions-based approach to partnership.
• Security-related certifications (i.e. CISSP, CISA).
• Advanced degree in Cybersecurity, Business, Economics, Social Science, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
• Prior experience working in consulting or in a technology company.
• Experience building dashboards (QuickSight, Tableau, PowerBI or equivalent).
• Experience with SQL.
• Experienced project/program manager.
• Knowledge of Agile development practices (Certified Scrum Master, etc.).
• Exhibits sound business judgment.
• Self-motivated, action-oriented, multi-tasking individual with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
- Senior Program Manager, AWS Worldwide Specialist TAM Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Business Intelligence Engineer, AWS Enterprise Support Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Data Engineer, Analytics & Data Management Amazon Jobs – New York City, NY
- Software Development Engineer , AWS Identity Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Applied Scientist, Amazon Ads Identity Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, CA
- Sr Mechanical Design Engineer – Customer Terminals Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Amazon Fresh Grocery Associate Amazon Jobs – Oak Lawn, IL
- Content Marketing Mgr, Amazon Publisher Services Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Amazon Robotics – Software Development Engineer (SDE) – Summer 2023, Robotic Strategy and Concepts Amazon Jobs – Westborough, MA
- Sr. Technical Program Manager, Amazon Ads Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.