Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. – Apply for Senior Applied Scientist – Amazon Air Science and Technology Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1725314
Job Title: Senior Applied Scientist – Amazon Air Science and Technology.
The Amazon Air Science and Technology team is seeking an Applied Scientist to be part of a team solving complex airline operations problems to reduce cost and improve performance.
You will work closely with product, research science and technical leaders throughout Amazon Air, Amazon Delivery Technology and Supply Chain Optimization and will be responsible for influencing funding decisions in areas of investment that you identify as critical future product offerings. You will partner with software developers and data scientists to build end-to-end data pipelines and production code, and you will have exposure to senior leadership as we communicate results and provide scientific guidance to the business. You will analyze large amounts of business data, build the machine learning or optimization models that will enable us to continually delight our customers worldwide.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Science work, business analytics and have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies while dealing with ambiguities. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and build models that answer those questions. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges. Further, you must have the ability to build and communicate compelling value propositions, and work across the organization to achieve consensus. This role requires a strong passion for customers, a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, and a keen sense of ownership and drive to deliver results.
· Partnership with the engineering and operations to drive modeling and design for complex business problems.
· Act as the technical leader in machine learning and drive full life-cycle machine learning projects.
· Design and prototype decision support tools (product) to automate standardized processes and optimize trade-offs across the full decision space.
· Lead complex transportation modeling analyses to aid management in making key business decisions and set new policies.
· Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Transportation Management, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field.
· Experience designing/implementing machine learning algorithms tailored to particular business needs and tested on large datasets.
· Experience designing optimization and simulation solution for large scale applications.
· Experience in writing scripts (Perl, Ruby) to manipulate data and developing software applications in programming languages such as C++, Java, and Python.
· The ability to implement models and tools through the use of high-level modeling languages (e.g. AMPL, Mosel, R, Matlab, Julia) is a plus.
· Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Strong problem-solving ability and the ability to work in ambiguous and constantly evolving environment.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
· 5+ yrs of relevant, broad research science experience after PhD degree.
· Technical leadership in machine learning
· Experience in data mining and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Programmer Analyst Amazon Jobs – Hawthorne, CA
- Area Maintenance Mgr Amazon Jobs – Wilmer, TX
- CMMS Amazon Jobs – Wilmer, TX
- Clinical Customer Care Associate Amazon Jobs – Meridian, ID
- Global Alliance Mgr-Analytics Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, California
- Applied Science Manager – ML/CV Amazon Jobs – Westborough, Massachusetts
- ]Software Development Engineer in Test Amazon Jobs – San Diego, California
- Sales Enablement Strategist Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Amazon Business (AB) Instructional Designer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Senior Software Development Engineer – Amazon Music, Automotive Amazon Jobs – Atlanta, Georgia
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.