Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. – Apply for Senior Cartographer – Last Mile Delivery Experiences Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1642630
Job Title: Senior Cartographer.
Amazon’s Last Mile Delivery Experience team is seeking talented and creative cartographers to develop an original mapping platform that is uniquely tailored to the needs of millions of delivery drivers around the world, which is expanding across mobile, in-vehicle, and augmented reality (AR) mapping experiences.
You’ll research and analyze the relationship between data and representational display to help make our map intuitive, elegant and useful for drivers both on road and on foot. You’ll dive into details and evaluate large datasets for display suitability and data quality, and dig through data problems to find the root cause of issues. You’ll focus on understanding and ensuring an excellent geospatial user experience for customers across geographies and cultures. You’ll present results concisely and with transparency in order to drive cartographic initiatives, and build consensus across the competing business needs and objectives of our upstream and downstream teams to drive the success of complex, cross-functional projects that help drivers meet delivery promises.
You’ll work closely with GIS analysts, UX designers, product managers, software developers, and data scientists to help solve complicated problems for our customers such as spatial data visualization problems in multi-modal (visual auditory) and multi-context (day, night, indoor, outdoor, activity oriented) interactions. You have experience with scripting, programming languages, and software development lifecycles, as well as a solid understanding of HCI/UX/UI principles and familiarity with modern cartographic styling methods and languages.
· Produce the overall design (“look and feel”) of all Amazon Maps styles.
· Design new map styles and customize existing styles to meet customer needs at every zoom level.
· Work within existing data and technology constraints to produce maps that are immediately clear and visually appealing.
· Integrate new data types and sources into existing map styles in a harmonious way that prioritizes the end user experience
· Investigate customer map issues and provide a timely response.
· Collaborate with software development engineers (SDEs) in identifying and solving map issues and designing new tools.
· Provide requirements for data ingestion, tile generation, and client development that benefit the visual appearance of the maps.
· Act as a company-wide resource for cartographic expertise and guidance.
· Advocate for and help design data and technology improvements in areas like data ingestion, tile generation, and client development that benefit the visual appearance of the map.
· Integrate projects throughout Amazon with Amazon Maps by onboarding, scaling workflows, evangelizing, and providing an excellent map product.
· Design processes to ensure quality of maps tiles releases.
· 6+ years of experience in cartography or related roles
· Cartographic and visual design skills
· Experience designing maps and applying map design principles
· Familiarity with current mapping systems
· Detailed understanding of geospatial data and ability to troubleshoot map data issues
· Basic to intermediate experience with front-end web development
· Mapbox® ecosystem experience is a positive
· Experience with geospatial software such as QGIS or ArcGIS
· Experience applying cartographic skills to augmented reality experiences.
Other Related Jobs:
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.