Remote Jobs in Texas, USA – Apply for Senior Clinical Research Associate, Houston, Texas (REMOTE) Job at Merck – Houston, TX Remote, United States. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Our Clinical and Pharmacovigilance teams manage studies to provide the safety and efficacy data required for regulatory approval of potential new drugs, vaccines and new indications for existing products. We ensure we conduct high quality clinical trials by integrating state-of-the-art technology and applying rigorous scientific and ethical standards.
We care deeply about helping the world be well. We strive to improve health for others in the future by developing new drugs and vaccines that treat and prevent disease. Clinical trials are an essential part of this process. The Senior Clinical Research Associate role is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement.
Acts as primary site contact and site manager throughout all phases of a clinical research study, taking overall responsibility of allocated sites.
- Develops strong site relationships and ensures continuity of site relationships through all phases of the trial.
- Performs clinical study site management/monitoring activities in compliance with ICH-GCP, Sponsor SOPs, Local Laws & Regulations, Protocol, Site Monitoring Plan and associated documents.
- Gains an in-depth understanding of the study protocol and related procedures.
- Coordinates & manages various tasks in collaboration with other sponsor roles to achieve Site Ready.
- Participates & provides inputs on site selection and validation activities.
- Performs remote and on-site monitoring & oversight activities using various tools to ensure:
- Data generated at site are complete, accurate and unbiased
- Subjects’ right, safety and well-being are protected
- Conducts site visits including but not limited to validation visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, close-out visits and records clear, comprehensive and accurate visit & non-visit contact reports appropriately in a timely manner.
- Collects, reviews, and monitors required regulatory documentation for study start-up, study maintenance and study close-out.
- Communicates with Investigators and site staff on issues related to protocol conduct, recruitment, retention, protocol deviations, regulatory documentation, site audits/inspections and overall site performance.
- Identifies, assesses and resolves site performance, quality or compliance problems and escalates per defined Clinical Research Escalation Pathway as appropriate in collaboration with Clinical Research Manager, Partner Line Manager and Regional Clinical Project Manager.
- Manages and maintains information and documentation in Clinical Trial Management System, electronic Trial Master File and various other systems as appropriate and per timelines.
- Contributes strongly to Clinical Research Associate team knowledge by acting as process Subject Matter Expert (SME), sharing best practices, making recommendations for continuous improvement and providing training as appropriate/required.
- Supports and/or leads audit/inspection activities as needed.
- Mentors / buddies junior Clinical Research Associates on process/study requirements and performs co-monitoring visits where appropriate
Education And Experience
- B.A./B.S. preferred with strong emphasis in science and/or biology
- Minimum of 4 years of direct site management (monitoring) experience in a bio/pharma./ Clinical Research Organization.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 65%-75% of working time.
- Expected travelling 2-3 days/week.
- Current driver’s license preferred.
Core Competency Expectations
- Fluent in Local languages and English (verbal and written) and excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand and present technical information effectively.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, current GCP/ICH & country clinical research law & guidelines.
- Excellent understanding of Global, Country/Regional Clinical Research Guidelines and ability to work within these guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/lead
- Hands on knowledge of Good Documentation Practices
- Proven Skills in Site Management including independent management of site performance and patient recruitment
- Demonstrated high level of monitoring skill with independent professional judgment.
- Good IT skills (Use of MS office, use of various clinical IT applications on computer, tablet and mobile devices) and ability to adapt to new IT applications on various devices.
- Ability to understand and analyze data/metrics and act appropriately
Behavioral Competency Expectations
- Effective time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, conflict management, problem solving skills
- Able to work highly independently across multiple protocols, sites and therapy areas
- High sense of accountability / urgency. Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment
- Works effectively in a matrix multicultural environment. Ability to establish and maintain culturally sensitive working relationships
- Works with high quality and compliance mindset
- Demonstrates commitment to Customer focus
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who We Are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What We Look For …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US And Puerto Rico Residents Only
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements
1st – Day
Valid Driving License
Number Of Openings
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Remote Senior Toxicologist Job at Jobot – Cambridge, MA Remote
- Customer Service Representative (Part-Time) – Now starting at $18/hr Job at Rapid Response Monitoring – Syracuse, NY
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive Job at Pegasystems – Denver, CO Remote
- Remote West Coast Area Underwriting Manager Job at CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC – Aliso Viejo, CA Remote
- Account Executive – Remote Philadelphia, PA Job at Dell Technologies – Chesterbrook, PA, Remote
- Remote Unit Manager Job at Symetra – Bellevue, WA Remote
- Part-Time Educator | Jordan Creek Town Center Job at lululemon – West Des Moines, IA
- Part Time Retail Merchandiser Job at Premier Sales Solutions – Los Angeles, CA
- Part Time Retail Sales Associate Job at Men’s Wearhouse – Troy, MI
- Part Time – Corporate Receptionist II Job at Papé Group – Eugene, OR
See More: 1,000+ Remote Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit msd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.