Walmart jobs in California, USA – Apply for Senior Manager I, Software Engineering – Data Engi… Jobs at Walmart – SUNNYVALE, CA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
What you’ll do…
Engineering Manager – Data – Core Data
About the team:
The AdTech core data team owns and drives the foundational data platform for targeting and measurement systems. The team is custodian of all of the business data and metrics, and the guarantor of their fidelity and the completeness. The team charter is to provide interfaces and guidance for all aspects of advertising data.
We are a team of data engineers whose strengths are: (1) building scalable data pipelines (2) exposure to machine learning techniques and data science (3) making sense of broadly defined problems through data analysis.
What is the role?
A successful person in this role will own major components of the advertising data landscape, drive alignment with other teams, guide architecture and design within the team and influence it outside.
As a manager of the core data team:
- You will be partnering cross-functionally with Product, Data Science and other EMs, to understand the data landscape and influence the methodology choices.
- Own and develop the data roadmap.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Participate in code review and facilitate design discussions.
What you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in software development, ideally focusing on big data processing and distributed systems.
- Previous experience as a technical lead or a manager
- Proficient in Scala or Java or Python, HQL and SQL.
- Knowledge of the big data ecosystem, e.g. HDFS, Hive, MapReduce, Presto, etc. and internals.
- Track record of delivering high-impact products in broadly defined subject domains.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences
Plus if you have:
- Familiarity with public cloud technologies in Google Cloud Platform, especially BigQuery, GCS and Dataproc.
- Experience with ETL pipelines
- Familiarity with workflow management systems like airflow or oozie
- Exposure to machine learning and data science
- Experience in adtech and advertising measurement
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer –
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve to live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area. Option 2: 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years’ experience in software engineering
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
To apply for this job please visit walmart.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.