Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. – Apply for Senior Manager – Software Development Amazon Jobs – Santa Barbara, California. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1730904
Job Title: Senior Manager – Software Development.
“Alexa, what is the price of gold?”
“Alexa, remind me when the Lakers play next”
“Alexa, how long does it take to cook chicken?”
Alexa customers will ask just about anything, and it’s our job to provide them with the right answer. Our Santa Barbara based teams own the services that power the majority of knowledge-based questions answered by Alexa today. We have built the deepest and most user-friendly knowledge graph on the planet. We have billions of entities, hundreds of billions of facts, and an extensible presentation layer used to build customer delighting experiences. We are rapidly growing our team and are looking for an exceptional manager to lead a growing team.
As a Sr. Software Development Manager (Sr. SDM), you will lead passionate developers working to scale our core question and answer engine. You will work at the intersection of natural language understanding and generation developing innovative techniques to better interpret and represent every customer’s request for knowledge. You will take complete ownership over prioritization and implementation. You will launch fast and iterate quickly. Your team’s work will be immediately seen by millions of Alexa customers.
A day in the life
· Help your team unblock and execute at high standard
· Grow engineers professionally with challenging technical problems with real business impact
· Collaborate with stakeholders across Alexa and across locales in launching improve understanding and answering capabilities
· Lead implementation for cutting edge knowledge experiences
About the hiring group
See what our team has to say about working in Santa Barbara in this 2 minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hENWxNrobGI
Santa Barbara boasts a vibrant tech scene with 40+ startups and established companies. Located just 50 minutes away from Los Angeles’ outer suburbs, Santa Barbara offers other major industries like hospitality, aerospace, healthcare, and more. For partners or families moving to the area, Santa Barbara and neighboring towns Carpinteria, Ventura, and Camarillo offer a range of options for communities to live, learn, and work in.
· Define and deliver ambitious goals with your team and peers
· Provide technical direction to engineers, even beyond your own team
· Establish and execute short and long-term roadmaps for the business
· Launch improved question answering capabilities directly to customers
· Drive continuous improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of your services while keeping a high bar for customer trust, performance, and availability.
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 15+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
· Knowledge in performance, large scale distributed system scalability, system architecture, and engineering best practices
· An interest in voice assistant technology and capabilities
· Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
· Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
· Excellent analytical, judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships
· Proven ability to work across teams and organizations, delivering results through influence
· Demonstrated track record of service delivery for large, cross-functional, cross-organizational projects.
· A desire to be part of a team that is building world-changing products
· A passion for learning, occasionally failing, and learning once again
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Delivery Station Liaison – Full Time (40 Hours) – DCH2 – Amazon Jobs – Morton Grove, IL
- Sr. Marketing Manager, Fire TV Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Amazon Fresh Store Associate Amazon Jobs – Bellevue/Factoria, WA
- Amazon Fresh Overnight Store Associate Amazon Jobs – Bellevue/Factoria, WA
- Program Manager (Public Sector focus), AWS Professional Services Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon SageMaker, AWS AmazonAI Machine Learning Platform Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer – ML/AI Human in the Loop Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Senior Product Manager – Technical Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Financial Analyst Amazon Jobs – Coppell, TX
- Marketing Manager Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.