Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in New York State, United States. – Apply for Senior Manager, Software Development – Application Networking Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1620498
Job Title: Senior Manager, Software Development – Application Networking
Service meshes are redefining how our customers are deploying, securing, and monitoring their applications. Are you curious about the future of service-to-service communication? Are you interested in working in a startup like environment? Would you like to impact the lives of millions of AWS customers and change the cloud Application networking world across AWS and Kubernetes? Would you like to help us Empower organizations to intelligently and securely discover, connect, observe, and control services anywhere? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want to talk to you!
App Networking is one of our biggest areas of investment and one of the fast-growing areas within the containers org. Here, we seek to let developers take full-advantage of the speed, agility, and immutability that containers and serverless workloads (ECS, EKS, Fargate etc.) and enable them to build resilient and secure microservices by making it simple to adopt cross-cutting best practices. The Application Networking team helps customers deploy, operate, and secure applications running on AWS. AWS Cloud Map, a service discovery solution, helps applications find each other by name (and other attributes) instead of by IP address. AWS App Mesh, a managed service mesh, provides advanced network traffic shaping controls, observability data, and additional layers of network security. Together, these tools make it easier for customers to manage connectivity between their applications and take full advantage of dynamic cloud infrastructure. Our team has adopted an open product development roadmap (https://github.com/aws/aws-app-mesh-roadmap/issues), and we are committed to contributing back to open-source projects that we benefit from such as Envoy/SPIFFE etc.
AWS Application Networking is looking for a Sr. Engineering Manager to lead the growth of our brand-new service focusing on the customer experience in AWS container’s solutions. Our organization’s vision is to simplify how customers connect, monitor and secure applications. As part of the AWS Application Networking team, you’ll have a great opportunity to influence how people think about service mesh and application networking, a quickly evolving part of our industry.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys motivating and growing people. Executing through your team is the most important part of this role.
The ideal candidate understands software development. You’ve kept your technical skills current, to the point where you contribute to architecture discussions and help your team identify and reduce risks in projects. You regularly take part in troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues.
AWS operates large-scale, mission critical workloads, so you must be comfortable taking responsibility for the operational excellence of your service. Finally, you’re excited by the opportunity to learn about and help solve our customers’ challenges. In order to break new ground, we’ll need to resolve ambiguity and take calculated risks You have a record of delivery and are comfortable managing not only your own roadmap, but also cross-team projects with other parts of AWS. You can organize disparate teams around a common goal. You know how to make data driven decisions about your operations, your processes, and your team’s performance.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
· 10+ years of software development and data engineering experience
· 5+ years of experience leading software teams and/or cross-functional development teams
· You have experience building scalable, fault-tolerant software or distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform.
· Experience as leader of leaders
· Hands-on experience developing AWS services
· You have a track record of delivering large-scale software projects.
· You can handle multiple competing priorities.
· You have experience using containers and opinions about what’s good and bad about them
· You have a history of participating in open-source communities and open standards.
· Experience working with the customers and have the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches
· Lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Senior Manager, Product Management, GTM Amazon Jobs – San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- UX Designer Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Robotics Operator Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Full-Time Assistant Manager Amazon Jobs – Tukwila, WA
- Manager, Risk Ops Incident – Amazon Music, New Projects Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Power Electronics Engineer Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Delivery Station Liaison Amazon Jobs – Rosemead, CA
- Delivery Station Liaison Amazon Jobs – Chino, CA
- Delivery Station Liaison Amazon Jobs – Bedford, OH
- Delivery Station Liaison Amazon Jobs – Kansas City, MO
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.